CNET Editors' review
Alarm clocks are a standard feature on most cell phones, but computer clocks typically don't do much but display the time. Free Alarm Clock adds alarm functionality to your computer, letting you create multiple alerts that can wake you up or remind you when it's time to do something.
The program's interface is plain and attractive, and we had no trouble figuring out how to use it. Attractive buttons across the top of the interface let users add, edit, and delete alarms. Each alarm can be set to go off only on certain days of the week, and users can select whether they want the alarm to loop, snooze, turn on the monitor, or wake up the computer from sleep mode. We especially liked the options for customizing the alarm sounds; there are 11 built-in options, including bells, birds, a flute, and a cuckoo clock. Users can also use their own audio files to create custom alarms, which is always a nice touch. The program has an online Help file that describes its features, but it's really not necessary; everything about Free Alarm Clock is commonsense. Overall, we think this is a great program; it's simple but well-designed, and it has just enough options to be flexible. Whether you need a program to wake you up, remind you to take a stretch break, or let you know when it's time to go to your weekly staff meeting, Free Alarm Clock is a nice choice.
From Comfort Software:
If you need alarm clock software for Windows, this is the software you are looking for. Free Alarm Clock supports unlimited number of alarms so that you are not restricted to the number of alarms you can have.
Alarms that you set will sound even if computer goes to sleep. While your PC is sleeping and the time comes to activate your alarm, Free Alarm Clock will wake your PC up.
The alarm clock can remind you about important events by playing your favorite music and showing a notification message. You can set alarm volume level to a comfortable level depending on the time of the day.
What's new in this version: Version 3.0.3 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Set up alarm clock with customized sound and message.
- Wake up, remember weekly appointments, and never miss a meeting...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Set up lightweight countdown timer and clock.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Never miss another appointment.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Enhance your desktop with fully customizable alarm clock.
- Track time your spend on different projects and receive reminde...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Set your alarm clock to a different time each day.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Set and display a digital alarm clock.
- Keep track of time around the world.
- Set as many different alarms as you'd like with different times...
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 86 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"does exactly what you want it to"
Version: Free Alarm Clock 3.0.3
it functions. time is based on the time on your computer. alarm goes off at the time that you set it, and not 4 hours later. extremely easy to set up and is not counter intuitive. very straightforward. custom audio file play.
wakes up the computer from sleep and can turn on a monitor. However I think there is a difference between hibernation and sleep mode as the alarm does not take the computer out of hibernate.
there are other programs out there classified as alarm clock software and people will download them before they download this one.
also the "turn monitor on" function sadly does not turn on my HDTV so I have to leave it on during days I want to make use of the alarm. =(
best alarm clock i ever downloaded
"All the 5 star Reviews say it ALL!"
Version: Free Alarm Clock 3.0.3
What more could be added? Except that it doesn't conflict with PC at all. No slowdown, no crashes.
None (it DOES have a snooze button!)
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content