CNET Editors' review
Free Alarm Clock Portable is exactly what the name suggests: a portable alarm clock application that can be run from your desktop or a portable device like a USB drive. It's nothing fancy, but that's what we like about it: it has a full complement of useful features in an accessible interface, without a lot of bells and whistles of questionable value. We think it's a great choice if you need an alarm clock that you can take on the go.
The program's interface is straightforward and easy to figure out. There are buttons for adding, editing, and deleting alarms, and alarms are displayed in an easy-to-read list view. Creating a new alarm is a simple process. We just selected the time and the days of the week we wanted it to occur, gave it a name, and selected an alarm sound. There are 13 alarms to choose from, including the typical bells, electronic alarms, birds, and so on, or users can select a song or sound of their own. Users can also set the program to loop the alarm sound, enable the snooze button, and have the alarm wake up the computer from sleep mode or turn on the monitor.
An online Help file provides basic instructions, but most users won't need it; it's quite easy to figure out. Overall, Free Alarm Clock Portable wasn't anything we hadn't seen before, but we think it's a great choice for a simple, functional alarm clock, and we recommend it.
Free Alarm Clock Portable comes as a ZIP file and is accessible after extraction with no need for installation.
From Comfort Software:
If you need portable alarm clock software for Windows, this is the software you are looking for. Free Alarm Clock Portable supports unlimited number of alarms so that you are not restricted to the number of alarms you can have. Alarms that you set will sound even if computer goes to sleep. While your PC is sleeping and the time comes to activate your alarm, Free Alarm Clock Portable will wake your PC up. The alarm clock can remind you about important events by playing your favorite music and showing a notification message. You can set alarm volume level to a comfortable level depending on the time of the day.
What's new in this version: Version 2.7 adds View mode "Single Line"; Shortcuts for lists; Ability to stop snooze.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...
- Monitor your processor temperature via a graph at the bottom of...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Install multiple useful gadgets for Windows 7 in one click.
- Customize your Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 logon screen.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Set up lightweight countdown timer and clock.
- Save your text and image which is copied in the clipboard.
- View day and night images of the Earth on your desktop.
- View local time and date of any place in the world.
- Change wallpaper of your desktop on Windows startup.
- Put back Start Menu for Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It does what it says it does"
Version: Free Alarm Clock Portable 2.7
Very simple, easy to use. The alarm pops up on your screen with the text and sounds I set. No frills is exactly what I needed -- just set the alarm and it goes off when you want. The snooze feature is a bonus.
Nothing - suits my needs perfectly.
A simple alarm clock that sits in my notification tray waiting for me to set an alarm and notifies me with the alarm when I want it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content