CNET Editors' review
Free 3D Photo Maker is an easy-to-use tool for creating 3D still images by combining two images or processing a single image. It offers several 3D image algorithms and several interface language choices, but most of what it does is automatic. To view the 3D effects it creates, you'll need a pair of anaglyph glasses. Don't worry, you probably already have as pair somewhere; we're talking about those paper-framed glasses with different colored lenses that you used to get at 3D movies.
Free 3D Photo Maker has a simple user interface based around side-by-side image displays with separate browsing buttons. The default selections are two identical (or nearly identical) images, which is the usual way of creating 3D images and offered an effective demonstration of the program's capabilities. But we were interested in the check box that tells Free 3D Photo Maker to use just one image to create 3D effects. We selected the option, browsed to an image, and opened it in the left-side window. Next we selected an output directory and whether to show a preview. Finally we selected an algorithm from a drop-down list offering these anaglyphs: optimized, color (red-cyan), true (dark), gray, and yellow-blue. When we were ready, we pressed a button labeled Make 3D. The program almost instantaneously displayed our finished 3D image in a full-screen preview. The only options are language choices and updates.
We tried each of the algorithms, with a variety of results. Not all the 3D images we created were totally successful, but we were certainly impressed with Free 3D Photo Maker's ability to generate believable 3D images from almost any snapshot. Subject matter and composition matter in 3D images, and even with successful conversions, some will look better than others. We sure had fun with this free tool, though.
Free 3D Photo Maker allows you to create 3D pictures using one source image as well as two source images. In order to create a 3D image out of one picture, just check "Use single image" box. For creating 3D out of two images, take two shots of a still set object captured with a small horizontal shift (usually the distance must be about 2-3 inches to have the right scene). In both cases the images are inserted into the program and next second a 3D image is created in the location which you define on your PC. Please note that in order to watch the output 3D picture it is necessary to use stereo anaglyph glasses.
More Products to Consider
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, and funny backgrou...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Edit and enhance your digital photos.
- Transform your images into 3D images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Capture images from your computer screen and edit them, and cre...
- Create virtual 3D software box images.
- Create textured 3D mesh models from images of real objects.
- Import and share your digital images from all sources.
- Create Web albums or online screen shows and store your digital...
All versions:1.9 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content