CNET Editors' review
Digital imaging and graphic design software is often the victim of one of two problems: either it's too advanced for everyone but expert users, or it's too basic to do anything very useful. FotoMorph is one of the rare programs that manage to deliver impressive results with very little know-how. This fun application lets users create animations that morph one photo into another, no experience required.
The program's interface is attractive and intuitive. It does contain some advertising, but it's fairly unobtrusive. We appreciated the fact that the program comes with a sample project, allowing users to see exactly how a particular result was achieved. With FotoMorph, users can create animated sequences in which images morph, pan, and warp. For example, the sample project features a photo of a woman who morphs into the Mona Lisa, who then turns her head and winks. It sounds complex and difficult to achieve, but a bit of time spent playing with the program reveals that these types of effects aren't terribly challenging. The program's Help file is well-written and pretty thorough, although it would have benefited from the use of more screenshots to illustrate the features it describes. We did like the fact that there's a tutorial that explains the entire creation of the Mona Lisa sample project. Overall, we liked FotoMorph quite a bit. It does require a bit of experimentation, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use and a whole lot of fun.
FotoMorph installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to everyone.
From Digital Photo Software:
FotoMorph is a photo animation and a Flash banner rotation tool with a super-friendly user interface. Amaze your friends and family with unbelievable transformations. Morphing is an animation technique in which one image is gradually turned into another. FotoMorph lets you make funny morphs in minutes. You've seen them in the movies and on TV, and now you can create them yourself. Turn a friend into a tiger. Watch your child grow into an adult.
FotoMorph is designed to create animations in real time. The rendering engine takes advantage of hardware acceleration, and the rendering speed easily goes up to several hundred FPS. The speed makes it possible to play final effects in real time. Using FotoMorph you can do everything a professional animator does to create amazing animations. Flash, Animated GIF, AVI, JPEG are supported.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View and measure AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Warp and morph your images and save the results as a Flash movi...
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Convert XPS to PDF and PDF to XPS format.
- Create advanced 3D graphics, animations, and dynamic broadcast ...
- Create sequence of frames for source images.
- Create and deliver rich multimedia and dynamic Internet apps.
- View, edit, retouch, and compress your photos.
- Build graphical shell with various configuration options.
- Scan and remove imperfections from your photos.
- Create morphing images and animation sequences from still image...
- Decompile SWF and convert Flash to HTML5, FLA, and FLEX.
- Graphics utilities collection.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 70 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works well but comes with unwanted software."
Version: FotoMorph 13.8.4
I was very pleased with the transformation from one photo to another.
Many unwanted programs installed onto my system, even after I rejected others during the install. I still don't know if I've gotten rid of them all.
Program works well but I would not download knowing now that it comes with baggage. It gets 1 star because of this.