CNET Editors' review
Flightmap is a fun and useful program that allows users to track the details of their flights. From the frequent business traveler to the sightseeing hobbyist, Flightmap offers tools that are both utilitarian and enjoyable (in a slightly nerdy way).
The program's interface is sleek and intuitive, clearly modeled after Office 2007 products. The program's main features are arranged in well-organized tabs. To get started, users enter flight information, which includes not only the departure and arrival cities but the date, airline, aircraft, flight number, class (including crew or other nonrevenue), and whether the flight counts toward reward miles. The program automatically calculates the distance between cities in either nautical or statute miles. Users can create itineraries with multiple flights and view them on a world map, with the routes optionally color-coded. We enjoyed entering various trips we had taken and seeing the routes sprawl out on the map, and we suspect that any travel lover will get a kick out of this feature. More practically, the program offers a statistics page that allow users to select a group of flights and view total miles traveled and popular airports, airlines, and routes. The online Help file could have been more detailed, but wasn't bad. Overall, we found the program fun and easy to use, and think it would be a great choice for users who like to track their air travel for either business or pleasure.
Flightmap is free to try, but the trial version places pink stripes over the route maps. The program comes as a ZIP file and installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From Mystic Bytes Software:
Flightmap is an application for Windows. It lets you keep track of all your flights (past and future), and turns them into both high-resolution poster maps or Google Earth overlays. Flightmap recognizes the language settings of the installed operating system. The software is multilingual with locales for English and German
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Turn your computer into your virtual diet buddy and start losin...
- Track in real time IFR aircraft flying over North America.
- Guide and talk to your patients without being distracted when m...
- Search dozens of sites at once for rates on airfarea, car renta...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Analyze your destiny based on Five Chinese Elements.
- Shareware taskbar manager.
- Determine your ruling bird on the basis of Tamil Astrology prin...
- Know the lowest airfare easily.
- Learn the basics of palm reading.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Flightmap 1.8.3
Interesting - We can track down all our flight history.
none so far
Good way to have a review of where one is at, when and have been.
"Nice tool to comfortably organize your flights!"
Version: Flightmap 1.2
No "warm up" required, helpful tooltips and the integrated airport finder make it easy to get started. Maps can be generated in almost any resolution, so no need to use ugly stretched images in presentations.
Well, the color of the watermark is... not good for your eyes... ;)