CNET Editors' reviewThis timesaving application lets you store frequently used text fragments and items copied to the Clipboard. Flashpaste Lite's system-tray icon allows access to the text-manager window, Clipboard entries, and recently used or saved text entries. After installation, it automatically runs a wizard that guides first-time users on how to set up and use the program. It also comes with preloaded samples of commonly used text fragments. A predefined hot key is available to summon the program's text-selection dialog and insert the last copied clip. However, unlike similar applications, Flashpaste Lite doesn't let you assign a hot key to each stored text. Instead, you position the cursor in the desired location, call the program, then select the text you want to insert. Though you won't find any groundbreaking features, this simple Clipboard is easy enough for any user and it's offered at no charge.
Flashpaste is a new breed of text copying utility. The Windows clipboard is enough for most computer users but writers, coders, and developers need a more powerful, easily customizable and practical tool. Flashpaste is all that, and more. With Flashpaste, a user programs in frequently used addresses, e-mail text blocks, HTML codes, words, phrases and paragraphs. Then, the material can be easy inserted.
Version 3.5 added: Hot Key Label, backup feature. Command line parameters, for using Flashpaste from USB dirve and so on. (Only in Professional version). Improved customize Hot Key behavior. Added Open as read-only option for the Common Database and silent installer for quick deployment of Flashpaste on many PCs.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...
- Monitor your processor temperature via a graph at the bottom of...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Install multiple useful gadgets for Windows 7 in one click.
- Customize your Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 logon screen.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Set up lightweight countdown timer and clock.
- Save your text and image which is copied in the clipboard.
- View day and night images of the Earth on your desktop.
- View local time and date of any place in the world.
- Change wallpaper of your desktop on Windows startup.
- Put back Start Menu for Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
All versions:2.3 stars
out of 20 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Simple product...great tool for me as a Chat Operator!"
Version: Flashpaste Lite 3.5
Great and easy to use and personalize. I liked it so much I upgraded to the full version for a small price.
The free version is a little too simple....but I gladly upgraded to the full version.
Great product, especially for those of us who work from home. I was working as a Chat Operator and it was great to just plug in my client's regular customer service phrases; like, greetings. closings, pricing packages, etc. The free version was cool but I used it so much that I ended up purchasing the full version, but it was worth it.
"Considering it's free, this product is amazingly useful"
Version: Flashpaste Lite 3.5
Easy to use and quick to access, it is invaluable for those who's work requires the use of frequently repeated string. Further, it doesn't use the clipboard so if you copy something and then use flaspaste, the first item is still in the clipboard.
There's really nothing I DON'T like about it. Sure there's other stuff it could do but this it's free! What do want: a foot massage? The retail version has some handy features but I not so much that i can bring myself to pay $30 for it.
I'm a data-miner for a company and I have a giant list of stock criteria strings (some several hundred characters in length) in flashpaste that I use for my queries. Programmers will find it useful too, as you can save strings of stock procedure text (such as generic opening calls and end of procedure clean-up). Hell, use it in emails to reply to those idiots you work with who pester you with stupid questions! Can't bring yourself to actually type a response to their inane tripe? Just create some stock text to blow them off with almost instantly! In short, I love this program.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content