CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will download a small installer file to your desktop. Remain online and double-click the installer to proceed with the actual download (8 Mb).
CNET Editors' review
Every now and then we enjoy mindless computer games, the sort that allows us to focus on a particular task and kind of zone out at the same time. Feeding Frenzy is one such program, a basic game of eat-or-be-eaten. There's not much to it, but we found it to be surprisingly addictive. This underwater adventure should provide hours of entertainment to both kids and adults.
The game's premise is simple: the player is a little fish in a big pond, and can increase in size by eating other smaller fish. The player can also be eaten by larger fish, so a careful balance must be struck between offensive and defensive action. With each level new challenges and bonuses are added; predatory fish get bigger and scarier, but opportunities abound to earn extra points and lives. On the whole, there's nothing particularly impressive about this game; the graphics are decent but not outstanding, and it doesn't require much in the way of thought or skill, aside from some quick moves with the mouse. We feel that among PopCap's many outstanding offerings that Feeding Frenzy is a bit lackluster, but we found the game to be challenging and enjoyable. Feeding Frenzy doesn't have a Help file per se, but before each level it does provide tips about new items that users will encounter, so it's easy enough to figure out.
Feeding Frenzy has a 60-minute trial period. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From PopCap Games:
Look out for the power-ups, mermaids, and bonus stages that you'll need to help you on your quest to unseat the vicious Shark King. Looking for more? Unlock 6 different underwater screen savers by racking up points in your 'Food Bank.' Learn a thing or two about the amazing underwater world by checking out the 'Fun Facts' at the end of each stage. Or, try 'Time Attack' mode where you race against the clock as you eat your way up the food chain.
More Products to Consider
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Fight in various places in diverse conditions accomplishing you...
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Solve the dark secret of the lost animals.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Rescue Vegas with the detailed step-by-step walkthrough.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Learn detailed maps before starting the race.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Grow your modest pet shop into an exclusive boutique.
- Discover and raise strange creatures of magical forest.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Get detailed maps and other secrets to master the game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Help Mia to prepare for her solo appearance at the Winter show.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Line up the correct runes to make gold.
- Maximize your mission scores learning details of the game.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Learn how to build virtual career in extreme racing sport.