CNET Editors' note: The download button opens the iTunes App Store, where you may continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed with an active iTunes account in order to download and install the software. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Dragon Dictation is a handy tool for recording your voice and quickly turning it into text that you can then edit and send via text, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and more. While not perfect, we were surprised by its accuracy and appreciated its simple, straightforward design.
To begin, you'll need to select a region and then accept an agreement. Dragon Dictation then asks if you will allow it to add the names of your contacts to your vocabulary on the server so that it can recognize the names when you speak them. The interface is very basic, with only three buttons at the bottom: one to record, one to access your keyboard for edits, and another to share the text. We started by recording a brief message that included our name and address. The resulting text was perfect in terms of spelling. Sure, a comma could have been placed here and there, but it added a few commas between the city and state. Moving on, we decided to add to our original message, but this time mentioning the name of a friend who has an odd name. The app got our friend's name nearly correct with the exception of one letter, which impressed us. We then sent the message to a friend's e-mail, which they successfully received. Likewise, we were able to quickly post our text to our Facebook and Twitter accounts using the app. The Settings menu lets you turn the Recognize Names and Detect End-of-Speech features on and off. You can also adjust your language settings from there.
If you're looking for a simple and accurate dictation app, you can't go wrong with Dragon Dictation for its speed and accuracy. We highly recommend it to all users.
From Nuance Communications:
What's new in this version: Bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Administrators If you have any questions regarding licensing or...
- ----------------------Good news--------------------------One mo...
- VMEye allows iPhone users to view and control live video stream...
- HIKVISION iVMS-4500 is a mobile phone surveillance application ...
- POLARIS Office Celebrates 400 million installs! Special Cyber M...
- Onavo Protect keeps you and your data safe wherever you are. On...
- KMEye allows iPhone users to view and control live video stream...
- Citrix Receiver lets you access your enterprise files, applicat...
- SEE Multi LIVE & Playback view (1, 4, 9 or 16channel View), swi...
- Pages Manager helps admins connect with their audience and keep...
- Remotely zoom in the pc screen with the wireless mouse. It's fr...
- ChoiceFone is a mobile dialer application which makes VoIP call...
- View, create, edit, and sync Microsoft Word files and view othe...
- Clear Text is a truly unique and revolutionary way to use your ...
- Accurate and adaptive speech recognition software.
- Observing rooms that have solved the DESIGN PUZZLE and watching...
- Quickmail - Its speed dial for email!Ever find yourself sending...
- Control your PC using speech recognition.
- IPod Touch Users: Emojis can be used for everything (email, fac...
- TAP INTO YOUR TAX REFUNDDo your taxes from your iPad and get yo...
- URL Shortener is a simple App that provides you with the capabi...
- Control your PC using speech recognition.
- QuoteMaster brings you wisdom in 150 characters or less.Built s...
- With just one touch iSnippets saves you from having to type the...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"this really works well"
Version: Dragon Dictation 2.0.7
For those of us who find the keyboard a bit small.
This is the answer.
It links with your contacts and is very easy to use.
none I use this often .
I logged on just to recommended this app.
It's a good one try it. Use it to text ,email, or voice memo.
one button to record voice and one button to finish.
Version: Dragon Dictation 1.3.4
I been finding it gets about 95 to 99% of words right, depending on how many consonants there are in the word. The more complex the word the more likely an error.
However, it sure beats typing on a on-screen keyboard.
The biggest downsides are big, is that the App is absolutely terrible in punctuating & editing. Tried delaying my my speech to insert a period or create a paragraph but that didn?t work. Nor does saying the word "period" or "paragraph" help.
The on screen editing is also very clumsy and manipulating the touch cursor proved to be extremely difficult.
If you can get the cursor to go where you want it & insert two spaces, the app automatically inserts the period - but it is an irritating two step process.
I suggest the developers put a few basic punctuation buttons on the record screen so that one can force a paragraph, period, comma and similar often used marks. Nonetheless, as I stated at the beginning. It beats typing & its free.
"Nice price, fun app"
Version: Dragon Dictation 1.3.2
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Dragon Dictation is an amazing little app. It works well, and of course, it makes mistakes, but as far as transcription goes, it does an awesome job and saves you tons of typing. And it's free!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content