CNET Editors' review
Drafts, by Agile Tortoise, aims to be the tool for capturing your moments of inspiration, all within a clean, intuitive user interface. Its long list of sharing options places Draft ahead of other note-taking apps. It also includes easy syncing options for Evernote, Dropbox, and Simperium, although it lacks the most convenient iCloud synchronization.
The app opens with a blank screen ready to save your ideas on the go. We liked the simplicity of the design: it divides the screen in two and provides just the tools necessary to concentrate on drafting your ideas. It's easy to access the app's features, which will appear as soon as you start a new draft. At one touch of the Action button, the note can be forwarded to Twitter, Facebook, e-mail, or SMS, to name a few. In other words everything is set for productivity. If you don't like the default theme, which is plain white, there are other themes available, such as a darker sepia color or a grayscale. You can also choose from several fonts to further customize the app.
Although we missed the comfortable iCloud sync option, Draft comes with its alternative: Simperium, which automatically syncs the linked devices so you can pick up where you left off. Dropbox and Evernote are present as well. Considering the app's features, its content-focused interface and the great user experience, the $1.99 price tag is worth every cent.
From Agile Tortoise:
Drafts is the easy way to capture and share text. In Drafts, text comes first open the app and get a new, blank draft ready to type. In Drafts you can get that text down quickly and decide what to do with it later. Extensive output options let you send text to Twitter, Facebook, email, SMS, a Calendar event, quickly save it to Dropbox, Evernote, or forward it to a growing list of other Applications such as OmniFocus, Things, Phraseology, The Hit List, Byword, and Sparrow. Features include application opens to a new blank draft to quickly jot down ideas, recent drafts and full-text searching is available, output options include: Twitter, Facebook, Email, SMS-Messages, Events, Clipboard, and export, use Markdown to format text and Drafts can convert it to HTML, and preview the HTML in Drafts and create a HTML email.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Calculate your auto loan using variable rates, taxes, and other...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content