CNET Editors' reviewThis application helps users manage the content of the Recent Documents menu, although this function is already a feature of the Windows system. DocClear sits in the system tray, and right-clicking the icon shows its program options in a pop-up menu. The program automatically clears the content of your Recent Documents menu, or you can manually select the documents you want to remove. Aside from clearing the Recent Documents list, users also can let DocClear search for a history of recently run programs, Windows Media Player MRUs, and typed URLs. The program also allows users to configure, activate, and disable the screensaver. Other features include performing shutdown operations like locking the workstation, logging off, restarting, and shutting down. It also can display how long the computer has been turned on. We found the program very efficient and user-friendly, as you can define the duration between cleanings. Although all its functions are found within Windows, all users can feel comfortable relying on this easy-to-use integrated application.
From Michael Eaton:
DocClear sits in the system tray area and allows you to quickly and easily manage the entries that collect in your Documents menu. Using DocClear, it is possible to keep specific entries while removing others. It is also possible to have the menu cleared at intervals or manually. Extra functionality includes easily starting the screen saver, logging out of Windows or even shutting down or restarting Windows.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Display the RSS feeds in the widget in an attractive way.
- Place a monthly calendar on your Windows desktop.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Create widgets to control RS232 related devices without any pro...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Restrict the amount of time that a child or anyone uses their c...
- Change the background image on your computer periodically.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Access to your favorite programs from the Windows desktop.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Create custom lists of programs to be run as a group.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Add a timer to your desktop to take regular breaks.
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
- Set up an alarm clock to play top New York radio stations.
- Design professionally looking icons.
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...