CNET Editors' reviewThis application helps users manage the content of the Recent Documents menu, although this function is already a feature of the Windows system. DocClear sits in the system tray, and right-clicking the icon shows its program options in a pop-up menu. The program automatically clears the content of your Recent Documents menu, or you can manually select the documents you want to remove. Aside from clearing the Recent Documents list, users also can let DocClear search for a history of recently run programs, Windows Media Player MRUs, and typed URLs. The program also allows users to configure, activate, and disable the screensaver. Other features include performing shutdown operations like locking the workstation, logging off, restarting, and shutting down. It also can display how long the computer has been turned on. We found the program very efficient and user-friendly, as you can define the duration between cleanings. Although all its functions are found within Windows, all users can feel comfortable relying on this easy-to-use integrated application.
From Michael Eaton:
DocClear sits in the system tray area and allows you to quickly and easily manage the entries that collect in your Documents menu. Using DocClear, it is possible to keep specific entries while removing others. It is also possible to have the menu cleared at intervals or manually. Extra functionality includes easily starting the screen saver, logging out of Windows or even shutting down or restarting Windows.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Create your own projects.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Track, organize, and manage your organization's records.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Shut down, log off, reboot, turn off, and hibernate your comput...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Turn off, log off, and restart your computer on specified time.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Open files, applications, and Web sites easily.
- Free space on your taskbar by minimizing windows to icons in yo...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Shut down your computer with the click of a button or hot key.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Shut down or reboot a remote computer.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Force a window on top of other windows.
- View and update your data and graphs automatically.
- Collect, organize, share, and archive electronic information.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Organize workspace and improve productivity with extra 10 butto...