CNET Editors' review
Digital Clock-7 is a very basic but attractive freeware screensaver that displays the current time on the user's desktop. Although some users might prefer screensavers with more features, we liked the sleek simplicity of this one very much.
The screensaver itself is very simple: it displays the time. The time doesn't move; you can't change its format, and there are no bells chiming the hour. There are four things about the display that you can customize: the color of the numbers--although the background is always black--the font, the size of the numbers, and whether you want the delimiters (that's the colons between the numbers) to flash. The screensaver doesn't have a Help file per se, but it does come with a Readme document that explains the basics of its installation and use. And that's all there is to it. In a world of screensavers that simulate fish tanks and display images of your favorite pop star (all while playing music, of course) it may seem a bit basic and even anachronistic, but we think it will appeal to users with a certain simple aesthetic. If nothing else, it will keep you well aware of the time if you're taking your lunch break at your desk.
Digital Clock-7 is free to download and use. It installs politely and uninstalls without issues, should you decide not to keep it. We recommend this program to all users.
Digital Clock-7 is screensaver that displays the current time. As default the program uses the font "Digital-7 mono" (in analog seven-segment clock faces) but you can choose any font installed on your computer. Also you can change color and size of the font; set display of seconds: none, half size or normal; set flash delimiter.
What's new in this version: Version 1.3 has minor changes.
More Products to Consider
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Display the view of our planet as seen from space.
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- View current time and day of week on your screen.
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Animate your desktop with the beautiful 3d space scenes.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- View celebratory dance 3D snowflakes on your desktop.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create and edit your own screensavers or convert SWF files to s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Watch as fish schools swim in saltwater and freshwater 3D Aquar...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Digital Clock-7 1.3
Unknown, since I can't get it to work.
Downloaded, installed and... nothing. I don't see it listed in the list of available screen savers in the control panel.
It doesn't work on my Win7 64 bit laptop.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content