CNET Editors' review
Desktop Clock-7 from Style-7 is a free analog desktop clock. It's a very simple program that displays only the system's time settings, not the time in world cities nor the temperature nor. It's just a good, old, round clock face with hour, minute, and second hands and a central date display that can show a custom text logo instead. Desktop Clock-7's chief advantage is its stylishness, with clean black-and-white graphics and highlights and shadows that give the clock face a realistic look.
Desktop Clock-7 opened in the lower right-hand corner of our desktop with a compact yet quite readable display about the size of a man's wristwatch; dragging the corner let us enlarge the display until it was about as big as a bedside alarm clock. We were also able to drag the display around the desktop and set the program to remember the position in the Options. The program displayed our system time and date accurately, and the second hand swept along with a stepped, second-by-second motion that closely mimicked a good analog movement. Right-clicking either the clock face or Desktop Clock-7's system tray icon opened a menu accessing the options dialog, a full Help file, the program's Web site, and the Hide and Exit controls. Clicking Hide removed the clock display from our desktop. We clicked Show on the system tray icon's menu, and the clock display reappeared. The options included basics like autorun and always-on top settings as well as the capability to select either the date or a custom text logo of 10 characters or less. The Pro version adds a color option, picture clock faces, and the capability to set numerous alarms.
If you're looking for an attractive analog clock for your desktop, Desktop Clock-7's free version is just fine as it is. The Pro version is less than five bucks, though, so if you like Desktop Clock-7 and think adding pictures or colors or an audible alarm sounds good, it's not a clock-stopper.
"Desktop Clock-7" is program that displays the current time on desktop window. You can resize or move the clock anywhere, hide or show it using system tray icon. The program uses color scheme of OS Windows. Settings: Always on top: on/off; Show logo: off/current date/custom text; Auto run: on/off; Show seconds: on/off. Additional features of Pro version: Manually change colors of the clock; Use an image (or photo) for background, set hide or transparent numbers; Set unlimited numbers of alarms, change wave file for play an alarm.
What's new in this version: Version 2.01 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Save and restore your desktop icon positions.
- Save and restore your desktop icon positions.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Display custom messages and flash the Scroll or Num Lock lights...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Display unlimited world clocks with world map on your desktop.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Set your alarm clock and replace your standard tray clock using...
- Grab and save objects as they are copied to the Windows Clipboa...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Improve your productivity with desktop customization tools (500...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Schedule your initiation and finishing applications, documents,...
- Paste quickly pre-defined text in any Windows applications via ...
- Hide desktop icons so you can see more of your desktop backgrou...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great idea to offer free trial, not sure for how long."
Version: Desktop Clock-7 2.01
It is ANALOG!!!!!!
Too little space here to discuss properties Free trial.
I would like to have more options on the text on the clock face, but this is minor.
I would highly recommend this software for free trial to anyone looking for an analog desktop clock. The cost of the free version is quite reasonable.Easy to read
Updated on Oct 9, 2011
free trial available
Cost of full program is reasonable
"Always on top" can be disabled.
Strongly recommend for anyone seeking good desktop analog clock.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content