From Trance Software:
DeleteCTX is a really simple droplet (written in Objective-C using Apple's Cocoa API). It is distributed with source code under the GNU GPL.
The purpose of this app is to remove the creator and type codes stored for files on an HFS(+) disk. Mac OS X uses two things to determine how files are handled - their file extension (e.g. ".html") and the HFS creator/type codes. Sometimes they conflict, and you may want to delete the HFS creator/type codes.
For example - a text file's creator may be "R*ch" and its type "TEXT". "R*ch" is the creator code for the program BBEdit, and "TEXT" tells Mac OS that its a text file. A file with these codes would likely be associated with BBEdit; if you double click it, BBEdit will launch. But what if the file's extension is ".html" and you want it to be associated with your web browser? Removing the creator/type data will cause the file to be associated with the program that Mac OS associates with the file's extension.
What's new in this version:
- Built for 10.2
More Products to Consider
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Turn your Android or iOS device into an extra touch screen moni...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Set a different desktop picture for each Space.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Hover over the Dock for window previews and enables window snap...
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Menu extras: CPU, disk, memory & network monitoring.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- File browser for visually understanding large folders.
- Tool to modify a file's type and creator codes.
- Build, modify, and validate PAD files.
- Convert images between resolution & format.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Command-line tool to configure, compress DMGs for distribution.
- Visually compare & merge files.
- Keyboard-based app launcher and search tool.
- Convert between UNIX, Mac, Windows/DOS line breaks.