CNET Editors' review
With its appealing graphics and well-designed interface, DaisyDisk for Mac offers you an innovative way to view drive usage data. It analyzes any drive on your computer and returns the usage data in categories, which can be expanded and contracted to reveal more information. It's a premium app, but a free trial version is available.
After installation, DaisyDisk for Mac displays the drives on your computer. You can choose to analyze any of them by starting an analysis process; analyzing our hard drive with 34.3GB of data took less than a minute to complete, which was quite impressive. Once the analysis is done, an additional window appears showing the disk usage. The graphics are well rendered and display each category as a color on a wheel image that is separated by boxes. Clicking the boxes moves the graphic further down in detail. For example, clicking a Media area zooms in and shows the particular files on the disk, like movies, TV episodes, or music videos, as well as the exact size of each file. This visual report of disk usage data can help you get an idea which files take the most space, helping you with disk management. Speaking of which, one feature we really felt was missing was the ability to delete unwanted files from within the app.
If you want to view detailed disk data usage as graphics that are quick to generate and easy to read, you will like DaisyDisk for Mac. It's a small, well-designed application that can create graphs fairly quickly. Don't expect advanced disk management tools from it, though.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of DaisyDisk for Mac 3.0.
From Software Ambience Corp.:
DaisyDisk scans your disks and presents their content as interactive maps where you can easily spot unusually large files and remove them to get more free space. The map gives you an overview of your data, so you always know what your hard disks are filled with.
What's new in this version: Adds a workaround for yet-another-Mavericks-bug (sorry for inconvenience) and speaks German, French, Italian, Russian and Swedish.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Graphically displays disk usage.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Data recovery software.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- File sharing app that makes it simple to manage, protect and sh...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Recover lost data from deleted files, formatted disk, lost raid...
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- HFS+ file & fork defragmenting utility.
- Capture snaps of entire webpages, as well as areas of your scre...
- Comprehensive backup program.
- Manage your purchased applications.
- Quickly recover lost data from just about any storage medium, l...
- Remove apps, data, and other unnecessary junk.
- Organize files you are working on, just downloaded, or want to ...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Another of my essential tools..."
Version: DaisyDisk 2.1.2
This one covers an area that is woefully lacking in the operating system itself. Quick to find the harddisk hogs and folders with big files which you never suspected.
Great app ... no complaints.
Must have if you're tight on disk space (who isn't), escpecially probably with SSDs.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content