From LaGrange Software:
DB Sleuth is a powerful database browser that provides analytical support for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005 Databases. You can find information in and about your database instantaneously. With DB Sleuth, you don't need to know SQL programming to navigate your way through a database; everything is just a point and click away. With DB sleuth you can analyze, validate and document your MSSQL databases. DB Sleuth is also a great learning tool.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Develop server-side data-driven Web applications.
- Securely share HTML documents between network users.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert MySQL databases into MS Excel format.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- View and manage information of database tables.
- Execute a number of SQL simultaneously and get results of their...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Manage your data and documents.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Convert your Access databases for SQL Server without rewriting ...
- Create undesirable condition reports of materials and products.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Synchronize databases and analyze and view changes in data.
- Generate PDF, HTML, Excel, and Word documents from SQL.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Create ASP.NET application (C# and VB.NET) from SQL Server with...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"This is one of the best data analyzers and database browser tools I've ever used"
Version: DB Sleuth 1.2
One of the really great features is that you can search for multiple terms and filter the results to include only those that contain the terms within a certain proximity to one another.
For example if you want to search for the terms "sales" and "northeast" you can filter the results to include only those where these words occur within 20 words of each other. This can apply to either the data or the database objects or both.
Another great feature is the site has a forum site where you can report any bugs if you find them and submit your ideas for future versions.
The interface could use a facelift. It would be nice to see some personalization where you could give it your own colors and fonts. Skinning is pretty common place now but I understand this is a utility and not something the general public would use.
The documentation could be better. There are so many features with this tool it would be nice to see more detailed examples of how to use it. On the other hand users can go the forums and post a question if they need help. This is a great way to build the basis for more comprehensive documentation.