CNET Editors' review
Crossword Puzzle is a basic word puzzle that purports to be a twist on the classic crossword. Unfortunately, the program's weird clues and lack of options make it somewhat disappointing.
The program's interface is pleasant enough, although we immediately noticed that the program contains no options, settings, or Help file. The program displays a crossword-style puzzle, but with a twist: users can only view clues by mousing over the word in question, and doing so blacks out the rest of the puzzle. We suppose that this could add an extra challenge to the game, but we didn't find this feature to be particularly interesting or challenging.
If that were all the program did, we might view it as a simple variation on the traditional crossword, but there are a few things about this game that really rubbed us the wrong way. For one thing, many of the clues were simply ridiculous. The answer to the clue "The quality or state of being organized" was "organization." Really! It wasn't just that the puzzles were easy; it was as though the clue creators only had a vague idea of how crossword clues are written. Additionally, there were places in the puzzle that words were directly adjacent to other words, but the creators didn't bother to make words and clues for both down and across, resulting in portions of the puzzle filled with gibberish. Overall, we found the program to be poorly thought-out and not particularly fun.
Crossword Puzzle is free. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We do not recommend this program; there are much better word puzzles out there.
From Novel Games:
This is a crossword puzzle game in which you need to fill in all the blocks with characters. Position the mouse cursor over a block to see the related hints, and the press the mouse button to begin entering the word, use the keyboard to type in the word. Press the check answer button when finished. Beware, if you get a block wrong, marks will be deducted.
What's new in this version: Version 1.3.0 added options dialog.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play crossword puzzles.
- Play 582 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Solve Sudoku puzzle on your PC.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Create your own original crossword puzzles using this program.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play various arcade games online or download them to your PC.
- Get various learning materials for your child, 3 months to 6 ye...
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Improve your vocabulary with six different quizzes.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1