CNET Editors' review
CopyTrans TuneTastic scans your iTunes library and finds duplicates, orphan tracks, and missing tracks. While the program also claims to look for albums without artwork, this option wasn't available in our tests.
The download took less than a minute since CopyTrans TuneTastic is only 6MB in size. There's no installation needed since this is a portable application. Upon startup the user can choose to click on the links to the user guide page, short YouTube video guide, or FAQ page. The links for user guide and FAQ actually lead to the same Web page. To use this app, the user needs to have iTunes installed but not running. After clicking on a large "Start" button, two large icons are displayed: "Automatic" and "Toolbox." After clicking on the "Automatic" icon, the program starts scanning the user's iTunes library and looks for albums with missing tracks, albums containing orphan tracks, and albums containing duplicate tracks. There is also an option for scanning albums without artwork, but it doesn't seem to be available yet. While the interface is quite basic and not much to look at, the program is light and performs well.
While functional, CopyTrans TuneTastic doesn't seem to be a complete program since it's still in beta and there are some functions not yet available. However, for users with a large iTunes library who need to locate duplicate files, missing tracks, or albums with orphan tracks, this basic beta edition might do the trick.
CopyTrans TuneTastic gives you a clear view of iTunes duplicates, missing artworks, missing songs & orphans your iTunes library is filled with: scan it and solve them. Fix quickly all problems you have in your iTunes library.
What's new in this version: Version 0.734 adds iTunes 184.108.40.206 compatibility and full support for proxies.
More Products to Consider
- Transfer files from iPod, iPhone, and iPad to iTunes and comput...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Copy music, videos, photos and more from iPod, iPad, iPhone to ...
- Transfer music, videos from PC to iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Fix mislabeled song info, fill in missing album art and remove ...
- Install iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad drivers without installing...
- Manage tracks and clean up your iTunes library.
- Transfer, back up, and restore your iTunes library.
- Transfer music, videos, photos, and other media from your iPod,...
- Manage iPhone contacts, calendars, and notes from your PC.
- Place connected iOS device into recovery mode with this utility...
- Transfer iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch music movies and apps.
- Transfer iPhone song, video, photo, app, PDF, voicemail, and co...
- Transfer iPod music, movies, camera roll, picture, voice memos,...
- Transfer files between iPod and PC, IOS devices, backup iPhone ...
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Transfer files between iPad and PC and other iOS devices, backu...
- Find and remove duplicate files from your PC.
- Manage your iOS device data, applications, music, video, and im...
- Manage content on your TomTom device.
- Transfer files for iPhone, iPad and iPod and convert DVD/video/...
- Diagnose and fix PC problems, enhance security, and optimize PC...
- Plan transportations and schedule resources using genetic algor...
- Transfer files for any version of iPhone/iPad/ iPod and directl...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 21 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Deduping iTunes is a charm"
Version: CopyTrans TuneTastic 0.734
Showed duplicate songs in my itunes library next to the original songs.
Duplicates are identified by several criteria - date the song was added, playcount, star rating, whether song has artwork or not etc..
Much better than the useless find-duplicates function in iTunes
no automatic artwork finder
"Totally unintuitive and difficult to use"
Version: CopyTrans TuneTastic 0.734
Identifies some issues
Maddeningly stupid interface. Gives meaningless error messages of "file not found" when you try to repair. It is unobvious which track is the missing one in some cases, making it super easy to delete the wrong one and leave a ghost file there (the missing entry). It's very fussy and very "clicky"- meaning it takes an inordinate amount of clicks to do anything.
Stay away from it. Use iTunes "Show Duplicates" or "Show Exact Duplicates"- you'll save yourself a lot of headache. If you don't know how to do that in iTunes, just Google it and go from there.
These people need to hire usability people. Period.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content