CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
From SVOX Mobile Voices:
Did you know that your mobile can speak more than 25 languages?*** Now with a 2 weeks FREE trial for all voices ! ***Get the most natural sounding voices for messages, navigation directions, translations, and more.Classic Text To Speech Engine from SVOX, in combination with our 40+ male/female voices portfolio of 25+ languages, allows you to read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps.When combined with TTS-enabled apps, our voices can:- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving - read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents- help you learn by reading aloud the correct pronunciationand much more the possibilities are limitless!Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!The free Classic Text To Speech Engine installs a full fledged TTS engine to your Android and comes with demo mp3's for 40+ voices.Voice packages can be tried out for 2 weeks FOR FREE, or purchased separately. Our voices are great with Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice... Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/gallery for more.Language availability: Arabic (male), Australian English (female), Brazilian Portuguese (female), Canadian French (male/female), Cantonese (female), Czech (female), Danish (female), Dutch (male/female), Finnish (female), French (male/female), German (male/female), Greek (female), Hungarian (female), Italian (male/female), Japanese (female), Korean (female), Mandarin (female), Mexican Spanish (male/female), Norwegian (female), Polish (female), Portuguese (male/female), Russian (male/female), Slovak (female), Spanish (male/female), Swedish (female), Turkish (male/female), UK English (male/female), US English (male/female). ---- Questions/problems? Visit us!http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/== INSTRUCTIONS ==After installing Svox Classic TTS, enable it as follows:1. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.2. Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen, then select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.3. Open Svox Classic TTS app to browse the voice catalog and download a trial/full voice for your language.== NOTES ==1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language. Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.92. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.Recent changes:- Support for Android 4.0 ICS- New Thai Kanya voice- Option to turn off TTS optimizations. Turning them off might increase voice quality on low-end devices. You will find this option under SVOX TTS Settings -> Advanced Settings- Major bug fix for e-books compatibility- Minor bug fixesContent rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: - Support for Android 4.0 ICS- New Thai Kanya voice- Option to turn off TTS optimizations. Turning them off might increase voice quality on low-end devices. You will find this option under SVOX TTS Settings -> Advanced Settings- Major bug fix for e-books compatibility- Minor bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Discover perfect applications to build your mobile life via And...
- Manage and share files wirelessly between WiFi enabled devices.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- FREE Calls to U.S. and Canadian phone numbers or to any magicJa...
- Share and stay connected with your friends with the Facebook fo...
- Meet new people, chat, play games, and have fun.
- Best & real Samsung Galaxy S4 ringtones App for free.
- Allow you to share your photos on Android device.
- This app is a guide App for popular game Dentist Office! If you...
- Discover inspiration and images you love every day! #Happiness.
- This app is an Ask.Fm launcher with Facebook and Twitter.Ask.fm...
- Female Spanish voice for SVOX Classic Text To Speech Engine.
- This is top Quality wwe AJ Lee iLocker App with original AJ Lee...
- Female Norwegian voice for SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine.
- Meet MILLIONS of single girls and guys at Skout for flirting, d...
- Female Czech voice for SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine.
- Only the top game guides and walkthroughs here! Committed to pr...
- Free Voice and Video Calls!.
- WWE Randy Orton iLock Free Android App.
- Australian English female voice for SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech...
- DarkLord US English voice for SVOX Classic Text To Speech Engin...
- WWE John Cena iLock Free Android App.
- Your robust and comprehensive voice chatting app.
- Benny US English voice for SVOX Classic Text To Speech Engine (...
- This is top Quality wwe DX iLocker App.
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"No free trial"
Version: Classic Text To Speech Engine 3.1.0_E
Sample voices sound good.
Two week free trial (Thai) did not work. Installed voice same day as main app but it immediately said my trial period had expired.
Waste of time.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content