Celtx is the world's first all-in-one media pre-production system. It replaces 'paper & binder' pre-production with a digital approach that's more complete, simpler to work with, and easier to share. Celtx helps you create all types of media - film, video, documentary, theatre, machinima, comics, advertising, video games, music video, radio, podcasts, videocasts, and however else you choose to tell your story.
What's new in this version: Bug fixes and optimizations.
More Products to Consider
- Motion graphics & visual effects for film, video, multimedia, w...
- Free Mac video editor software. Easily edit movies and video cl...
- Play Blu-ray disc/movies and watch 1080p HD video on Mac.
- Convert files between flv, mpeg 1/2/4, 3gp, mp3, m4a, wmv, wma,...
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Play, import, convert and export Windows Media video and audio ...
- Professional digital video editing.
- Video editor software to edit movies and other videos on a Mac.
- DVD authoring tool.
- Make DVDs, VCDs, SVCDs with this MPEG converter/burner software...
- Convert mov files to JPG images.
- Advanced screen recording application.
- Screenwriting software for film, TV and theater.
- Multi-camera video surveillance app.
- Video editing, compositing & special effects.
- Convert MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, MKV, AVCHD MTS/M2TS, MXF, FLV, MP3,...
- Motion graphics package.
- Broadcast and access videos and radio on the Internet.
- Download and convert videos from various websites.
- Create, edit, and manage your own screenplays.
- Capture your screen and make video.
- Play Blu-ray movies, 1080p HD video and any other media with a ...
- Convert camcorder AVCHD(.mts,.m2ts) videos.
- Intuitive and distinctive video clip manager.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"Easy to use and great for the purpose"
Version: Celtx 2.7
Automatically formats for various script types
Helps manage projects
Easy to use on multiple platforms
Story board feature
I use the audio visual template, and would like to see scripts and storyboards combined for this, rather than separate
Would also like to have ability to add timings into script so can track, and move around sections and see impact on time
Very useful and free! Recommended
"Mighty fine for free"
Version: Celtx 2.5.1
Formats screenplays for free instead of $300; cross-platform including Linux; easy to use; includes index card and notes mode; ideal for low-budget indies because of the obvious reason
Not as sophisticated as Final Draft or Movie Magic (I'd prefer macros for elements rather than tabs); screenplay files are in a peculiar folder package format that is a little confusing
Version: Celtx 2.0.2
Easy to use
No possibilities to import only sections from other projects
"Nice Feature set"
Version: Celtx 2.0.1
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
I've been using Celtx for a little over 6 months, in that time they've upgraded and improved it twice. Celtx does what they say. It's great for writing screen plays and all aspects of pre production. Doing breakdowns, prop and location lists. Not to mention that the price is right!
Version: Celtx 2.0
Organizes the lines, actions, comes with so many features, it probably has features for professionals.
You will run into some problems where they don't spell check well, or they take the character "BOB:" instead of "Bob". To export, you have to export in (.txt) format, but you can open it, copy, and paste it to TextEdit or Pages. Very minor problems.
I believe this is the only software out there for free that does what this software does, makes scripts, and I love it for that... 5 stars, a spectacular job :D
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: