From BytesRoad Software:
If you have ever used RunAs utility, which is supplied together with the Windows, then SafeLauncher is the best choice for you. SafeLauncher may be considered as the container for the applications you usually use. You may add any application into this container and execute it under the required account. It has a nice user interface and provides you with a fast and simple way of running the applications. Use the icon in the system tray, the main window of SafeLauncher or shortcut to run the application from the container. When you minimize SafeLauncher it disappears leaving the icon in the system tray. This icon may be used for fast execution of any application in the container. Context help together with detailed documentation will make your acquaintance with SafeLauncher quick and easy. People often work on their computers under the account which belongs to the local administrators group. But not everybody realizes that any program he or she runs may do whatever it wants with their data. For instance, when you run the Internet Explorer you believe that it has nothing to do with your data, but due to vulnerabilities inside it there is a chance that some malicious code downloaded from the web site could be executed inside the Internet Explorer. So we end up with a 'malicious program' running on your computer with unlimited privileges. Sure the antivirus software can detect that and fire an alarm, but most of the time this happens with well known malicious code and the antivirus has nothing to do with the code which it sees for the first time. In this case, a better solution is to run the Internet Explorer under the account that doesn't belong to the administrators group and has fewer privileges than the account you are usually working under. So even if the malicious code gets executed it will fail to steal any data or infect your computer. In the worst case the Internet Explorer application gets crashed.
What's new in this version:
- Editing the protected storage
- Drag and drop an application
- Each user has its own profile
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Create and manage secure and strong passwords.
- Surf the web anonymously.
- Encrypt your personal communications.
- Encrypt your personal data efficiently.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Locating & solving problems in the windows registry.
- Password manager.
- Detect locations and capture snapshots of your application.
- Store all your passwords and secret data in a single file.
- Set up countdown timer to receive alert of important event.