Blue Crab is a versatile program that you use to copy the contents of a web site to your computer, in whole or in part.
- Conduct fast offline browsing and searching without an internet connection.
- Perform batch downloads of URL's
- Create a snapshot of a website for historical archiving.
- Collect specific types of resources such as images or email addresses.
- Search current content more thoroughly than a search engine right on your own computer.
- Check a site for broken links, or generate an HTML sitemap
- Create full page images of URL's (JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PNG, PSD, etc.)
With Blue Crab you can download all the content including HTML, PDF, graphics, video, file archives, etc., or use selective filtering to restrict downloads to specific kinds of files. For example, you can choose to save only the JPEG images Blue Crab finds, or just the PDF's.
Blue Crab is always gentle on the server, processing only one URL at a time. (You can even make it pause between successive downloads so as to not overwhelm the server.)
The demo version you download now is fully functionaly and runs for about ten days.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed registration bug.