CNET Editors' review
Bills and Reminders offers users a way to keep track of their bills and debts with a program aimed at those who may forget to pay. While the navigation of the program is a little rocky at first, users will find a competent program that is short on frills.
This program might instantly overwhelm users, as the main screen is composed of a confusing number of spreadsheet-like rows and columns, along with added boxes in a rainbow of colors. Fortunately, users are prompted to go to the product's Web site and take a tutorial to ease any confusion. The Help file also has useful tips for navigation. Once Bills and Reminders' various boxes and options are better understood, the program becomes a great deal easier. Places to enter bills and debts now becomes fairly obvious, with tallies of upcoming payments and a chart for future due dates stored at the bottom of the screen. Reminders automatically pop up before bills are due, which will help users stay organized. Also helping with organization is the fact that you are only a few simple clicks away from running various reports about your spending and billing.
This 60-day trial initially worried us with its cluttered interface, but soon showed us that it has the ability to balance home billing fairly well by staying basic. If you're willing to spend a little time learning how to navigate the program, we recommend you give Bills and Reminders a try.
From Lockette Software:
Bills and Reminders is a personal information manager to help you keep track of bill payments and due dates. Enter in the date, frequency, description, and amount due for each bill, and the program keeps a running total of what you owe and when payment is due. Bills and Reminders is an easy program to use, and it's a handy tool for making sure you don't miss important bill payment dates.
Version 2.01 fixed a bug where help would not display on older versions of Windows.
What's new in this version: Fixed a bug where help would not display on older versions of Windows.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create, manage, and save documents that you can access anywhere...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Manage your home finances, budget, and credit cards activities.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Manage events, contacts, accounts, diary, notes, links, to-do l...
- Play MPEG-4 movies with AAC sound with latest version of Apple'...
- Visualize and organize information using mind mapping.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1