CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
It may not appeal to gamers looking only for action, but Big Win Football strikes a nice balance between the game and team management.
Big Win Football offers a simple interface with straightforward menus and options that are, for the most part, easy to navigate. The player management menu was somewhat daunting initially, but it was easier than we expected to figure it out. We liked the idea that you can build and strengthen your team using a certain player rosters which makes it a tiny bit more realistic. And, since player stats are also involved in each game, each member of the team can potentially contribute something different to overall gameplay strategy. The actual football game itself is pretty reminiscent of what you can play on older game consoles, primarily because the game uses a 2D engine. Just like other games made by HotHead Games, the mechanics itself are rather simple, and you'll most likely get the hang of them with just a few tries.
Hardcore sports game fanatics might want more pure action than Big Win Footbal has to offer, but with its focus on simplicity and a nice balance of team management and gameplay, casual users should find this to be a game they can enjoy over and over again.
From Hothead Games:
Get ready to go for the end zone with Big Win Football! From the opening kickoff to the game winning touchdown, Big Win Football is the gridiron game for everyone!CREATE your own unique dream team, COMPETE against opponents from around the world, WATCH your team battle it out on the field, BOOST your players throwing, tackling, running and other skills and get ready to hoist the Daily Bowl for the ultimate BIG WIN!HIGHLIGHTS Full team and player customization allowing you to create your own fantasy team! Open Bronze, Silver and Gold card packs to find new players, skill boosts to improve your team and collect other cards to stay at the top of the standings. Play game-changing Big Impact cards and watch them affect the outcome when they come to life as the exciting action unfolds on the field! Earn coins and Big Bucks by playing games, leveling up and winning the Daily Bowl so you can open more card packs! BIG IMPACT CARDS Throwin' Darts Iron Curtain The Big Boot Strip it! Solid Grip Hold The Line Can't Catch Me Break It Up Soft Hands Field Goal Focus Injury Free and many moreRecent changes:NEW IN THIS UPDATE Network optimizations: now even faster matches! Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes Fix for Force Close issue some devices experienceContent rating: Low Maturity
What's new in this version: NEW IN THIS UPDATE Network optimizations: now even faster matches! Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes Fix for Force Close issue some devices experience
More Products to Consider
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- Play classic Nintendo platformer game on your Android device.
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- Dr. Driving drives you crazy!.
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- TXtFL is a strategy based football game where you coach full se...
- Trailblaze in this new standard for mobile racing game.
- Do you like driving big vehicles? Then you have to try Bus Simu...
- In a world of might and magic, are you strong enough to dominat...
- Logo Quiz is the #1 ranked Logo Guessing Game on Google Play.
- Play a classic multi-directional shooter video game.
- Do you adore Dhoni, Gilchrist,and have always wanted to play as...
- New features: Around the clock game; handicap mode. complete ne...
- Use the official mobile app of the Cleveland Cavaliers to enhan...
- 4 Pictures 1 Word. Can you guess whats the word ?.
- JagPlay Backgammon online offers You matches, friends-list, tou...
- School-yard excitement on your phone!.
- The multiplayer online game that allows you be the owner of you...
- Get Live Sports Odds, Scores, Matchups, Previews, and Recaps wi...
- Experience the drama, intensity and excitement of World Cup Cri...
- 3D Pool, Snooker, Billiards, Carrom, Crokinole. Play online or ...
- Go for the Big Win!.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Fun Game, but Seriously Flawed..."
Version: Big Win Football 1.6.3
1) The game can be played fro free or you can spend a little money to improve the team.
2) The stats are an interesting aspect of the game for those who like to crunch numbers and see what affect more attributed skills have in results on the field.
3) Daily Bowl competition has a daily leader board for those trying to win the daily prizes of more gold coin and Big Bucks to improve the team.
1) Flawed game mechanics that seriously limit the game's fun factor. Example: A team trying to kick a 65 yard field goal on first down late in the game, but with plenty of time on the clock for no reason when they had all three time outs left and could have worked the ball closer for an easier field goal or scored a touchdown instead.
2) If you invest the time and effort into putting a good team on the field and use all the right impact cards and have all platinum players (best and most expensive), you still regularly lose to sub-par teams with gold, silver, and bronze players. This makes zero sense.
3) Players will run out of bounds for no reason with no one close behind them, even with plenty of time on the clock.
4) With a platinum player with full strength, a player cannot pull of of a block from a silver or gold player with much lower strength most of the time, even if they do not have bonus blocking impact cards.
5) These flaws will cost you Daily Bowls and their rewards.
Game is fun, but do not spend real money on it until they fix the above flaws because you don't have to. If you field a sub-par team, you have a chance, as illogical as it is, to beat teams fielding all platinum players.
The logical bugs where a team tries to kick a 65 yard field goal on first down will really tick you off and if you spend money on this game you will be very angry with the obvious shortcomings in the game logic area.
My advice to you:
start the game by buying 150 gold coin card packs, put a team of bronze players on the field and advance those players skills in the two or three main attributes each position requires based on your personal knowledge of football. Example: Running backs should have speed first, then agility to avoid tackles, followed by hands to not fumble, whereas defensive linemen should have strength to avoid being blocked, and speed to pass rush the QB. If a player gets hurt, sell that player's card instead of paying the 100 gold coins to fix him. Watch movies to gain free gold coins. Do not buy silver packs for any reason whatsoever. they cost 1000 gold coins and are basically useless, except for getting silver players, which you should skip and instead focus on gold players and buy gold packs for 10 Big Bucks. You should go to the free bucks link to gain Big Bucks by downloading apps and doing other things in order to gain enough Big Bucks to field an all gold team. Save all other cards you get from gold packs and keep all of the players you get. You can use tight ends, receivers and running backs in all of those positions without being limited to any one specific position. The same for linebackers and defensive backs. Linemen are both offensive and defensive linemen.
Enjoy the game and try to develop your players in two or three skills each position typically requires. Note: Offensive linemen really only need Strength for blocking, so don't waste money gaining their other skills.
All and all, Big Win Football is a good game, but I wouldn't recommend paying for it until they fix the overwhelming logical bugs and the coin-toss type win or lose scenario that would make an all platinum team with a 90 rating and 3 impact cards lose to a scrub team with a 65 rating and no impact cards. The other logical bugs I mentioned above need to be addressed and keep this game from being a true must have icon in pocket football type games.
Spend all that money and time trying to get a good team and watch it go up in smoke due to these factors makes the game unplayable IMO for hard core gamers. You have been warned if you are the type that thinks they can spend, spend, spend and dominate. The game is a logical botch in that regard. This really disappointed me because that is exactly what I tried to do with it and realized it is not properly coded to warrant a game breaking analysis. I question the attributes and their true value after breaking this game down.
If these things do not worry you, then the game can be enjoyed.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content