BestFTP Explorer 2000 is an integrated, Windows Explorer style and 32bit FTP client application for Win9x/NT/ME/2000. It has the following key features:
- BestFTP Explorer provides Site Book which makes your favorite site management easy using folder style, Local Explorer and Remote Explorer like Windows Explorer, Online Editor which can edit the remote file and Multi-threaded transfer manager called Carrier.
- Once you visit a folder, the folder contents is cached for fast access.
- BestFTP Explorer never send NOOP command not to be disconnected. But when you send FTP server command, if it finds disconnection at that time, it will try to reconnect to FTP server. So, it makes you think always connected.
- BestFTP Explorer never refresh folder contents when it deletes files or makes a folder. It refreshes folder contents when it really needed.
- You can change the permission of remote files without telneting. Using Change Permission dialog box, you can change the permission easily and visually. Also, you can change the permissions of several files simultaneously.
- In both Local Explorer and Remote Explorer, you can select the files you want to explore using file filtering with wild card. File filtering supports multiple wild card options, for examples, '*.zip;*.txt;*.html', seperated with ';' character.
- You can explore multiple FTP servers and download several files simultaneously. You can improve transfer throughput extremely.
- Multi-connections to FTP servers You can connect to several FTP servers using extended MDI style.
- Support multi-threaded transfer manager, Carrier Carrier processes the queued files independently. If you queue some files, you can explore FTP server continuously without stopping during transfering.
- Remote Explorer auto-detects whether link is a folder or a file, also you can see the link visually like Windows Explorer's shortcuts.
- When the server to server transfering, BestFTP Explorer makes servers communicate directly not via local system. Using multi-connections to FTP server feature and copy/paste or drag/drop features, you can transfer FTP server to FTP server directly.
- You can copy whereever you wish and paste whereever you wish. The transferring initiated by copy/paste operation is processed by Carrier.
- You can drag whereever you wish and drop whereever you wish. The transferring initiated by drag/drop operation is processed by Carrier.
- You can online edit the remote files in the FTP server. This editor supports tabbed MDI user interface, syntax highlighting for ASP, HTML, Pascal, Fortran, C/C++, CSS, Java, Java Script, JSP, Perl, Python, Oracle SQL, AWK Script, Tcl/Tk, PHP, VB Script, UNIX Shell, XML and nice one step remote file updating.
- You can access FTP servers through FTP proxy server. Currently, only user with no login type supported and most of FTP proxy servers support this type.
- You can move files using drag and drop operation within FTP server.