When OS X 10.5 (Leopard) changed the way that folders are represented in the Dock, I lost a handy start menu made by dragging the Applications folder to the end of the dock. AppMenuBoy is a small Cocoa application that creates a hierarchical menu, in the dock, and when it is the frontmost app, in the menu bar, of your apps. It only shows apps. If a folder has a single app, it hoists the app up, so no subfolders of exactly one app.
What's new in this version:
- As the directories change, AppMenuBoy automatically tracks those changes.
- AppMenuBoy now uses the localized name of Apps and folders, not the hidden file name.
- AppMenuBoy now sorts its menu (since localization can change the order.)
- Now has a preference to skip folders with parenthesized names. Example: (OldStuff)
More Products to Consider
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Set a different desktop picture for each Space.
- Menu bar extension like the classic Apple menu.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Customize the appearance and behavior of your Mac.
- Menu extras: CPU, disk, memory & network monitoring.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Keyboard-controlled quick launcher.
- Viewer/manager for pictures (formerly PicBrowser).
- ITunes controller app.
- Viewer/manager for pictures.
- Forces windows to be full screen when you click the green butto...
- Menu bar app, service & contextual menu to move, copy, alias Fi...
- Preference pane that removes apps from Launchpad without deleti...
- App without menus to make space for menu extras.
- Quit all Mac Apps in one click.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"App performs as expected. Straightforward."
Version: AppMenuBoy 1.0
Simple to use. No extra bells or whistles...just a clean, well-thought design for a basic function.
When right-clicking on the app in my Dock the applications shown only appear in List view. Would be nice if Fan or Grid were available also.