CNET Editors' review
The AoA Video Downloader is an application for downloading videos from the Internet from Web sites that are supported by the application. It's a great way to keep your favorite videos in video or audio format on your computer to view whenever you want without going online.
This application is very simple, both in appearance and instructions. All you need to do is enter a URL and click the Download Now button. Common video-viewing Web sites like YouTube, Google, and Dailymotion are among the many places you can use this application. Unfortunately, this application did not work for us. Although we have Java installed on our system and have it enabled, the AoA Video Downloader thinks it's not there or disabled. The Help button took us to a facts page that wasn't helpful at all. We did learn that it is working on an AoA Video Downloader that does not require Java, but it did not say when it would be available. It does give you an option to go to the Web version -- which works fine -- but the whole point of having the application is so that you don't have to go to the site. Audio download is fast. High Quality FLV/3GP takes a few minutes. Video quality was OK, but not perfect.
Overall, the download process was easy. If you read through all of the details you won't download any extras by accident. That is pointless, though, since it didn't work for us.
From AoA Media:
AoA Video Downloader is a simple and easy to use program which allow users to download any video from Youtube.com instantly. It fetches you both Audio and Video formats with special attention for playback on iphone, ipod, and other portable devices. Save them for future viewing, anytime, and anywhere.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0.2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Convert over 20M YouTube to MP3 music clips and ringtones.
- Download and convert videos, including YouTube to MP3, M4A, FLV...
- Download and convert your favorite videos from YouTube with one...
- Convert multiple Youtube videos to various formats.
- Save video from YouTube.
- Download videos from various sites.
- Download YouTube video from your browser with one-click.
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Download videos directly from YouTube and other video sites.
- Download videos, build a collection, then share them on Twitter...
- Download social music or video for your Windows PC.
- Download and convert any YouTube video into your favorite forma...
- Download videos from YouTube to your computer.
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Download videos from any site like YouTube automatically and co...
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads.
- Download flv video and audio.
- Search, download, and convert videos from YouTube and other sit...
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- Convert any video format to other video formats.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Basic, lightweight, but slow"
Version: AoA Video Downloader 2.0
Basic, lightweight program, easy to use copy n paste url click to download
-slow download, downloaded faster off youtube
-slow to use as well, once I clicked download it took about 5 sec. to open up the dialogue box to download/save
Fine program to use, it works, but bet there are better
"There are better alternatives, ones without toolbars."
Version: AoA Video Downloader 1.0
Unfortunately It Added a Toolbar with no option not to.
I didn't care for the toolbar it added to Firefox. I decided to uninstall it and replaced it with Download Helper for Firefox. That tool integrates into the standard Firefox toolbar that's already there. It is easy to use and seems a better alternative than AoA.
"Basic program but very effective"
Version: AoA Video Downloader 1.0
It has a simple interface that's easy to use. It's a very lightweight program. Allows me to take music off of Youtube
None as far as I can tell
Great program. Really easy to use.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content