CNET Editors' reviewIf the traditional variations of Tetris are too linear for you, try the more organic chaos of Amoebic. The game is set in a petri dish, where you must rotate a bacterial cluster so incoming cells will land on cells of the same color. When you line up three identical cells, they are destroyed. However, the task is not that easy. Cells fly in from all directions and stick to your cluster, making it expand. If your cluster grows to 50 cells, you lose. You have to move the cluster around to catch the cells where you want them. The arrow keys move the cluster around the culture, while the D and F keys rotate the cluster left and right. Bonus cells slow down incoming cells, destroy cells of a certain color, or blow up any nearby cells. Although the controls are a bit complicated, Amoebic adds a new challenge for jaded Tetris fans.
From Endboss Games:
Amoebic is addictive fun for everyone. Are you fast enough to clear the cells before the cluster gets too big? The rules are simple: Match up three of the same-colored cells to start a reaction. Complete a level by clearing the cluster. Sound easy? Once you've mastered Arcade mode, you can test your skills in Time Attack and Endurance modes.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Use a grid for .NET Framework.
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Apply math functions to multiple cells.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Clear the tiles by matching sacred relics.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Play the 19 different layouts of the MahJong game.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.