CNET Editors' review
With flat-screen monitors taking over workstations, screensavers aren't so important as they once were. However, they still have a place and appeal to many users.
Amazing Universe Premium launches a colorful starscape with planets, moons, asteroids, nebulae, and other materials stretched across the cosmos, rendered with excellent detail for a crisp, almost super-real resolution. In particular, science-fiction fans looking for a visual sense of wonder will appreciate this screensaver. There are no rockets, flying saucers, or manmade items; although, a few cheesy-looking comets did flit across the screen rather frequently.
This screensaver performed well during our tests. We were able to adjust the timing for it to launch, turn on or off its accompanying music, and set the resolution and color depth. However, we were disappointed that we couldn't adjust the speed at which items moved in the animation: a slower speed than the default would, we thought, have appeared more majestic and tranquil, but that's a subjective opinion from us. Other than the cheesy comets, we were pleased with this free utility, and we think most other users will agree.
Discover the universe with an out-of-this-world screensaver. With colorful 3D planets, twinkling stars and space debris, this is a must for any galaxy enthusiast. Turn your screen into a telescope to view outer space far beyond our galaxy. Let the orbiting and rotating planets awe you and bring tranquility to your desktop.
Version 1.0 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What's new in this version: Version 1.0 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Display the view of our planet as seen from space.
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Bring the beauty of African Serengeti wild life to your monitor...
- Bring underwater world to your desktop.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Watch breathtaking animated waterfall with eagles soaring above...
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Display a golden spinning cross with reflecting colors.
- Decorate your desktop with a Veep TV show screensaver.
- View images of moons and planets in vibrant color with this scr...
- Decorate your desktop with a balls screensaver.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Enjoy this beautiful Ability Quotes screensaver.
- Decorate your desktop with a West Wing TV show screensaver.
- View our planet in space on your PC.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Enjoy a screen saver with two moving turtles, passing the scree...
- Enjoy this patriotic screensaver showing the UK flag and playin...
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"freeze wont allow it to install?"
Version: Amazing Universe Premium 1.0
nothing good at all about it
who knows it wont install on a new computer clean hard drive at 1 teraflot
distant suns and this both are messed up wont install at all, but i can run everything else, it doesnt make sense
"Terms and Conditions"
Version: Amazing Universe Premium 1.0
The screenshot lured me in.
Scary, scary terms and conditions.
I briefly glanced at the terms and conditions. You are agreeing to let them share your personal information. You are agreeing to let them sling multiple forms of advertising at you. It may not have spyware in the traditional sense but I would prefer that over spam and pop ups. At least you can delete spyware and be done with it. The stuff they have will just haunt you.