From Balance Software:
AlphaCapture is a full-featured, professional screen capture utility for MacOS X. Its name is derived from its unique ability to save an image of the screen that preserves the transparency of on-screen windows (shadows, translucent areas, etc.). This information is stored (in image formats that support transparency) as an "alpha-channel".
A web designer, technical writer, or any person who needs to take screenshots can now superimpose captured images on a background of their choosing and transparent or translucent window areas will allow the background to show through in an expected and visually pleasing manner.
AlphaCapture supports numerous features that are essential to a professional screen capture tool; examples include:
- Hiding/Toggling Desktop icons during capture.
- Transparent Desktop capture.
- Photoshop®-like "Trim" function to remove transparent edges.
- Optional "checkered-background" during transparent marquee capture.
- Hiding/Toggling mouse cursor during capture.
- Rectangular (marquee) or full-screen capture modes.
- User-assignable hot keys for invoking screen capture.
- User-assignable pause before capture.
- Output to multiple image formats (or to the clipboard).
- User-specifiable destination folder for captures.
- On-the-fly changing of options during marquee capture.
- User may abort a marquee capture.
- Plus many more features!
What's new in this version:
- Better Tiger integration
- Single-pass transparency capture in Tiger
- New User's Manual
- Several bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Set a different desktop picture for each Space.
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Menu bar extension like the classic Apple menu.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Customize the appearance and behavior of your Mac.
- Menu extras: CPU, disk, memory & network monitoring.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Powerful menu bar screenshot utility.
- Copy and paste and add effects to your icons via Control-click ...
- Calibrate monitor color to other output devices.
- Stroke-based interface for targeted image adjustments.
- Forces windows to be full screen when you click the green butto...
- Globally capture any audio your Mac is playing.
- Icon creation tool.
- Window management to divvy up your screen into exact portions.
- Disk image burner.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: