CNET Editors' review
Microsoft's Outlook does so much that few users need more, but there's always room for improvement, especially when it comes to productivity enhancements. Software Solutions' Aladdins Office Documents Pro is an Outlook add-in that makes it easy to create specialized Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and customized, predefined Outlook emails that save time and increase accuracy over individually prepared Office documents.
Office Documents is an Outlook add-in, so its "main interface" is two small buttons the program adds to the Outlook toolbar, one for the main menu and another for the Aladdins Contacts List. Right-clicking the main button calls up a menu displaying all your selected templates as well as a button for opening the program's actual interface, a clean, well-designed affair that gives you access to the templates and settings. We started with the first half of the toolbar, Create/Edit Templates, choosing a simple Word document on the Add Templates dialog. Our saved template appeared on Office Documents' main menu and opened with a click. The Contacts List is a contacts manager that lets you create specific, automatically updated lists of contacts for various templates, a neat idea and another timesaver. For an easy-to-use add-in, it offers a lot of assistance, like a full Help menu listing five separate PDF-based guides.
Aladdins Office Documents Pro is free to try for 15 days. We tested it in the latest editions of Windows, Vista and 7, to satisfaction. If you find yourself composing the same Office docs over and over again, it's definitely worth a look.
From Software Solutions:
Office Documents is an add-in for Microsoft Outlook that allows you to create Microsoft Word documents, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook emails quickly and easily. All Aladdins add-ins work on a system of templates of predefined rules and settings that, once created, increase speed and accuracy of creating common Office documents.
What's new in this version: Version 4.5 features: new interface, easier to use, and ability to have shared templates.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Save your existing Microsoft Office documents as mail files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Create Microsoft Word files, Microsoft Excel files, PDF, and e-...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Insert Outlook contacts info into Microsoft Word automatically.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Create professional business-style letters.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Let your computer read out Word documents, Outlook e-mails, and...
- Create PDF documents from any program without having to learn c...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Search words with the consideration of morphology and synonyms ...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create PDF documents from Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Provide split screen outlining editor with whole or part docume...
- Take a suite of essential everyday software tools wherever you ...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Apply desired changes in multiple MS Word documents.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Untested, bad service, expects user to beta test"
Version: Aladdins Office Documents Pro 188.8.131.52
Outlook envelopes add-in worked pretty well, and did the job
Attempting to purchase the software ran into page script problems submitting order and payment, then eventually when that had been fixed was redirected to NZ secure order page. This page did not work. After spending two hours trying to purchase the software I gave up and removed it from my system. Now I use slower mail-merge, but at least that's free and works.