CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' reviewJust because Android apps have no "close" button doesn't mean they shut down when you return to the home page or move on to another app. You calendar, note pad, and programs in which you turn on event notifications might periodically run in the background, depleting your battery. Download and run Advanced Task Killer Free. You'll be amazed at the apps that run on start-up without your knowledge. While you can kill the task killer along with other apps, we recommend letting it run so you can easily use it a couple times throughout the day. Being able to set conditions for killing running apps would be an interesting future touch.
More Products to Consider
- Extended version of GO Launcher, one of the most popular home a...
- Your WiFi speed is low? Speed it up by using our WiFi Booster! ...
- Unlock your phones true potential w/ Root Tools by JRummy16 *Ro...
- The worldwide smash hit is now on Android for FREE! Download on...
- This is the most advanced WiFi hacker resource for WiFi hacking...
- Make things happen (with friends).
- Droid NAS allows you to share folders over a Wi-Fi network, mak...
- Cloud print allows you to print files from your phone to your p...
- Hi, we know youve been waiting for so long and its about that t...
- CareZone makes it easier to care for a child, parent, or someon...
- Mobile Banking BRI is a secure and convenient sms-based mobile ...
- EasilyDo gets you the right information and gets things done.
- View and manage your contacts on your Android device.
- The world's fastest launcher for Apps and Games.
- A quick way to access your Sears MasterCard statement online.
- Uninstall android apps that you installed on your phone, quickl...
- Ingo, cha-ching-go. Way to go. Youre officially one step closer...
- Organize your tasks, sync them between devices, and share your ...
- Love trying new apps but can't figure out which ones to keep? T...
- Start banking wherever you are with First Security Bank Mobile ...
- Quick application termination.
- Need to protect your apps? Get App Briefcase + Lock and group a...
- ***California Credit Union Mobile Banking is here!***The CCU Mo...
- Discover the best Android apps and share them with your friends...
All versions:2.6 stars
out of 19 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"No longer needed with Android if you are with 2.2+"
Version: Advanced Task Killer 1.9.7B92
can see what apps are running
this is no longer needed to kill apps that are running, the newer Android roms already take care of that, even if an app is on it wont be doing anything.
If you are absolutely having problems with your battery, find an app manager, not a task killer. Something so you can find out which app is eating your battery up, instead of just killing all your apps all the time.
"android runs apps for reason!"
Version: Advanced Task Killer 1.9.7B92
see what apps are running if you've got a poorly designed app that will eat up battery you can quickly uninstall it.
will kill your battery life/ phone in the long run
the android os turns on apps for a specific reason and will turn them back off when necessary, just because it is 'running' in the background doesn't mean it's eating up battery! google will never create an os that will destroy your battery life on purpose, your phone will open an app at a specific time for a myriad of reason (updating, alarms, reminders etc) and when it's done it'll will turn that app off again! if you are constantly killing an app that is trying to receive an important update the phone will continue to try to update as if it were fighting against Advanced Task Killer. in the long run apps will have to reopen so often trying to get an update in that it will put a strain on your battery....
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content