CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will download a small installer file to your desktop. Remain online and double-click the installer to proceed with the actual download.
CNET Editors' review
We love puzzle games, and we frequently have trouble tearing ourselves away from them. We have to admit, though, that we were happy to stop playing 7 Wonders II. The game itself isn't so bad, but the obtrusive advertising it comes with annoyed us thoroughly.
To install 7 Wonders II, users must first download the Free Ride Player, which then allows users to download the actual game. Although the player is a mere 720K, 7 Wonders II is 25MB. We didn't love the fact that Free Ride Player downloaded three additional games without asking for our permission, either. The game itself is a matching puzzle game; line up three or more like gems to clear them from the board and earn points. As you do this, you create stones that tiny workers at the bottom of the screen use to build the Seven Wonders. Users start with Stonehenge, completing several rounds of puzzles to construct it, and then move on to the next wonder. The gameplay is similar to every other puzzle game of this type that we've encountered, although there are a lot of special pieces and other little quirks (which aren't always very clearly explained). We liked the game well enough, but its interface is surrounded by ever-changing advertising, which is quite annoying and distracting. It also periodically interferes with the game's performance. We were shocked when our game was interrupted by a 20-second video ad that we had to sit through before we could resume play. Overall, we're not big fans of 7 Wonders II; there are too many other games that are similar and that don't bombard players with advertising.
7 Wonders II installs three desktop icons without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program with reservations.
From Free Ride Games:
Download 7 Wonders II game, 7 Wonders 2 is a highly addictive Match Three game that transports you back in time to help workers construct world-famous buildings, monuments and structures, such as Stone Henge, The Great Wall of China, Angkor Wat and the Shwedagon Pagoda. In each of the seven locations in the game, you must swap adjacent runes on a grid to make sets of three or more runes. Each time you match sets of runes, they break into stones that fall into the waiting arms of workers below, who then use them to construct the Wonders. The game features exciting power-ups and bonuses that can be earned along the way to help clear the board, maneuver an essential cornerstone to the bottom of the grid and receive pieces of a hidden map, which will ultimately uncover a secret route! Download 7 Wonders 2 now for FREE and enjoy: * A hypnotic, beautiful and challenging game with beautiful graphics and captivating music. * Explore, learn about and build 7 new Wonders * Explosive new power-ups such as the Single Cell Bomb and Timer Freeze * Use a new shuffle option to refresh the board and keep the game moving Free games you can find at Free Ride Games. it's the only place where you can download over 200 top games for free, including Hidden Object games, Time Management games, Match Three games, Sports games, Puzzle games, Arcade games, Card games, Board games, Flash games, Fashion games, Food games, Online games, Word games and much more. We have hundreds of choices from the leading game publishers like iWin, PlayFirst, Sandlot Games, Mumbo Jumbo etc
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Build most legendary city of all times from scratch.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Travel to remote periods in time.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Help Emily cater to a variety of customers in all-new locations...
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Play a seek and find adventure game.
- Find legendary lost continent of Atlantis.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Collect gems falling from the ceiling.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Solve medical riddles to save lives.
- Collect ten powerful talismans on your journey.
- Embark on a quest to gather incalculable riches from ancient py...
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Game is good , vendor is bad."
Version: 7 Wonders II 5.0.2
The game is really a nice laid out game from the creators at MumboJumbo
Questionable review by CNET Staff ,targets the game itself based on the free ad based experience by the vendor and removes stars for that.
While MumboJumbo are the original creators of this game, it should not have stars taken off of it, because a 3rd party who distrubutes their games for free via ad based advertising cripples the game playing experience. There are many reputable vendors out there who offer free ad based gameplay of this same title without all the nonsense and additional game downloads that Free Ride Games downloads onto your computer. I suggest you give this game a try, but from another vendor and then really rate your experience on it. Its a really good game ruined by a horrible ad based system.
"wonderful game, but"
Version: 7 Wonders II 5.0.2
this is nice and catchy game, I had fun playing it.
I couldn't find any version of 7 wonders 1, but the current version is also good.
it took me nearly 12 minutes to start playing, but since it's free it was worth waiting.