Play the classic, the "original" Yatzy, Forced, or Maxi versions of the beloved dice game!
Each turn, you have three chances to roll five dice to reach a series of 13 different goals.
For the left side, or "Upper" section, you must get as many of the specified number (one through six) as you can. If you reach 63 points or more in this section (an average of three per category), you'll score an extra 35 points!
The right side, or "Lower" section, consists of:
- Three of a Kind: score here when you have at least three of the same number on your dice
- Four of a Kind: same as Three of a Kind, but you need four of the same number
- Full House: three of the same number and two of a different number
- Small Straight: a sequence of four consecutive numbers - 1-2-3-4, 2-3-4-5, or 3-4-5-6
- Large Straight: a sequence of five consecutive numbers - 1-2-3-4-5 or 2-3-4-5-6
- Yatzy: five of the same number - scores 50 points for the first, and 100 points for each one afterwards
- Chance: score at any time as the sum of all dice
Scoring each Yatzy! after the first...
You'll automatically score an additional 100 points, and can use the roll to score in another section. For example, if you rolled five threes and haven't used the threes in the Lower section, you must score there. Otherwise, you may use it to score in any Upper section.
- the upper section bonus is 50 points, not 35 points
- Three/Four of a Kind score the sum of the three/four dice, not the sum of all dice
- Full House scores the sum of the dice, not a fixed 25 points
- Small Straight is the die combination 1-2-3-4-5
- Large Straight is the dice combination 2-3-4-5-6
- there is no bonus for any additional Yatyzs after the first
- two more categories to score:
- One Pair: two dice of the same number, scoring the sum of the two dice
- Two Pair: two pairs of different numbered dice, scoring the sum of the four dice
Notes about pairs:
- using a three of a kind as a pair will only score the sum of two of the dice, e.g. a roll of 5-5-5 used as One Pair will only score 10 points
- the pairs must be different numbers, e.g. a roll of 4-4-4-4 cannot be used as Two Pairs
Can be played in either the classic or Yatzy! format.
- all categories must be scored in order
- the upper section only needs a total of 42 in order to get the bonus (an average of two per category)
- roll six dice instead of five
- unused rolls each turn are carried over to the next turn
- the upper section needs a total of 84 to get the bonus (an average of four per category)
- the upper section bonus is raised to 100 points
- no bonus for any additional Yatzys after the first
- additional categories to score:
- Three Pairs: three pairs of different numbers, scoring the sum of the three pairs
- Five of a Kind: five dice of the same number, scoring the sum of the five dice
- Full Straight: the die combination 1-2-3-4-5-6, scoring 21 points
- Castle: two triplets of different numbers, scoring the sum of the six dice
- Tower: a pair and a set of four, scoring the sum of the six dice
- Maxi Yatzy: all six dice of the same number, scoring 100 points
Need an Extra Roll to Get that Yatzy??
When it's available, a button to the left of the roll button will appear. Click it to watch a short video ad and you'll be rewarded with an extra roll! Score!