Project planning plans your projects from the decomposition of works into tasks, the estimated duration of the tasks and the links between tasks. The results are presented in the form of tables (beginnings and ends of tasks, margins ...), a Gantt chart and a dependency diagram. You can view them on your mobile or send them as a PDF or CSV file, and view them remotely or print them.
This program has been specially designed for a phone or a tablet, it has not been looked for compatibility with existing software, but rather simplify the input of data and clearly present the results. For it :
- the duration of tasks and delays are in whole numbers of working days,
- the most useful link, beginning of task at the end of the predecessor is privileged,
- all necessary information is set by default.
However you will be able to plan all kinds of projects. If you need more precision for your schedule (hours and minutes), examine the program "Short project planning".
This program will allow you to find the really critical paths through:
- the distinction between two types of tasks, essential and ancillary, only essential tasks are taken into account for the calculation of margins and the determination of critical paths,
- the definition of events, distinct from tasks, shown on the schedules, but not corresponding to any work and not considered as activities for the calculation of margins.
You will also find in this program what I have not seen in any other program:
- a dependency diagram allowing to visualize all the links between tasks and with the events,
- and a mechanism for automatic accounting of holidays.
This program, it is also:
- the possibility to define task groups,
- four link types: begin to end, begin to begin, end to end, end to begin,
- the calculation of the planning and the free and total margins, their presentation in tables,
- a Gantt chart showing critical paths,
- the assignment of responsibilities,
- the follow-up of workloads,
- the follow-up of the achievements made,
- the possibility of creating an unlimited number of projects, each project being saved in an XML file in the mobile memory,
- the management of successive editions of a project,
- the absence of limitation on the numbers of tasks, groups and events,
- the saving of planning results as a CSV text file or as a PDF file,
- the possibility of input a lot of free format information for the project and its components,
- the exporting of project data or results files to mobile extended memory, or to "cloud" backup applications, or attached to an email,
- the importing of project data files, either through an application retrieving files, or from the extended memory of the mobile,
- and an online help of about a thousand lines.
It displays some advertisement banner. If you don't like this, you can buy on Play store "Project planning plus" program which has all the functionalities of this program with some using improvements. The project data format is the same for both programs, and projects created by one of the programs can be used with the other.