ISOXpress is a database application for operating an electronic ISO 9001 quality management system (QMS). ISOXpress has 10 modules: Document Control, Document Distribution, Corrective/Preventive Action (CAPA), Internal Audit, Management Review, Training, Supplier Control, Nonconforming Product, Customer Complaints, Measuring Equipment.
The Document Viewer module is like a 'Front Desk' where users come to browse, view, print, and download documents available in the system.
Documents available in the menu may be different for each user. Only those documents for which the logged-in user has viewing permissions appear in the document menu.
Only ACTIVE (approved and released) documents are available in the document menu.
While displaying a document, a header and footer with current document control information is generated and merged with the document.
Document Control module:
The Document Control module is like a 'Back Office' where administrators create, approve and release documents and control viewing and editing permissions.
- Organize documents into a document menu tree (folder tree).
- Import documents created in any application, such as Excel, Power Point, MS Word, CAD software or Photo Shop, any document that can be converted to PDF (there is a wizard for Bulk Import of existing documents).
- Create custom headers and footers with company logo (or other branding).
- Maintain multiple revisions of each document (Revisions can be ACTIVE, DRAFT or ARCHIVE).
- Approve and release documents with the authority of electronic signatures (there is also a special process for requesting document approvals and for releasing approved documents)
- Seal approved and released documents to protect against any changes or tampering.
- Attach a user downloadable file to any document.
ISO System Management Modules:
Eight ISO System Management modules cover all QMS activities required in the ISO 9001 standard.Common features for these modules include:
- Receive record status alerts (due, past-due, days left, etc) and generate record status reports
- Assign record-specific tasks to yourself and/or to others (tasks includes a two-way communication channel with messaging, e-mailing and attachments)
- Use electronic signatures for approving and closing out records
- Add attachments to records in the system, and create electronic record trails
- Export data to Excel for charting and statistical analysis
- Generate overview and record-level reports