CNET Editors' review
This app takes your home PC and turns it into personal cloud storage. While this idea may sound interesting, in reality xCloud doesn't offer a real cloud-based service, but rather enables you to connect your mobile device to your PC remotely. This app has many issues that need to be addressed: security is weak and the execution leaves much to be desired.
Downloading the application seems easy enough, but the whole setup takes time. In addition to a mobile client, you must also download a companion server to your PC and register both pieces of software. xCloud requires a lot of special permissions, including access to all of your stored data, the power to monitor your connection, and access to all personal data. The app also requires that any data that is to be accessed be saved in a single folder the program creates, which is protected by one password. Some may see this as a serious security risk and would find it pretty inconvenient to move all their data into one folder.
Another issue is that, unlike most cloud services, with xCloud you can't stream music or video or view files. What it does is simply let you move files from your PC to your mobile device and vice versa.
xCloud has potential, but it needs improvement. The lack of features and the glaring lack of security limit this program severely. This app will only prove useful if you take a lot of pictures with your mobile device and wish to upload them to your PC on the go.
xCloud is an app for data transferring that connects PCs to mobile phones. xCloud turns your PC at home into your personal cloud storage, or a net disk, which can be accessed anytime and anywhere. xCloud enables you to upload or download photos, music, videos or other files at will when you're not at home. xCloud can connect your mobile with PC directly to transfer data even when network is unavailable or in bad WiFi signal as Bluetooth does. But the transmission speed is dozens of times faster than Bluetooth; while the operation is much easier. With xCloud's "Wake over Internet" function, there's no need keeping your PC open in case you need to access data any more. You can just login to xCloud on your mobile and wake ?your PC whenever necessary. xCloud is just your reliable Virtual USB data cable. Features Remote access anytime anywhere Remote access your PC with mobiles via Internet securely. No limitation on file format nor file size in transmission. Instant Uploads Photos you just captured will be automatically uploaded to your computer immediately. High Speed Within the same WiFi network, transfer speed can be up to 10MB/s which equals to a 100M network cables does. Privacy and Security Upload data to PC directly without 3-rd party engaged in, thus keeping your personal files private and secure. Remote Wake PC over Internet Switch your PC on/off remotely by a simple click whenever necessary. (For detailed settings, please refer to "Help" on official web site.) WiFi Direct Link Under some circumstances, when there were no Internet connection on WiFi or even no WiFi signal, xCloud will still work though switching to AP mode or finding neighbors. Support for Synology NAS devices The latest version of xCloud supports for Synology NAS devices. Important: Please make sure you've already downloaded an xCloud server and installed it on your PC before you can use xCloud mobile app on your phone.
What's new in this version: 1. Add online playing function and new playlist page;
2. Overall UI optimization;
3. Add WLAN multithread transmission function;
4. Optimize performance and fix bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Back up all your Android device data to a secure cloud/online l...
- Clean cache, unused files, privacy history and app packages on ...
- Protect your mobile device with both anti-theft and antivirus.
- Backup your Android and PC files in the cloud.
- Turns your android phone into a Wi-Fi analyzer!!.
- Explore phones and PCs over net.
- Provide one-stop solution for mobile security and performance.
- Backup all your apps, market links, and remove bloatware from y...
- Listen to your music anytime, anywhere, right on your Android d...
- Wifi Free gives you information about all nearby WiFi spots - b...
- Control, manage and backup your local and cloud memory from one...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Manage and share your contact information on your Android devic...
- Create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place.
- Install apps from your SD card on Android 2.0+ phones.
- Run a complete portable point of sale (POS) system running in t...
- Get a free file hosting and cloud sync solution for your Androi...
- Secure, encrypt and back up your files.
- Turns your Android device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal re...
- Listen to radio with over 50,000 radio stations and copy wirele...
- Bring Window 8 Taskbar to your Android.
- Mobile Tube Video Downloader is an awesome Video Download Utili...
- Provide Internet access to your laptop through your Android pho...
- Share sessions from your mobile devices including smartphones a...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"xCloud: your virtual USB data cable!"
Version: xCloud 3.3.1
xCloud for Android is useful and powerful.
The transfer speed is fast at almost 10MBps;
It fully support Synology NAS device
It acts as another alternative to FTP with handy features
It needs professional settings when to power on PC remotely!
xCloud can turns your PC or Synology into the mobile hard-disk for your mobile devices!
"xCloud: an useful and FREE personal cloud stoage"
Version: xCloud 2.2
xCloud exceeded other cloud storage in at least the following three aspects:
* incredible transfer speed of near 10 Mbps
* super secure
* unlimited storage for completely FREE! (Android)
Although it is now well-known to many Chinese users, xCloud, as a rising star, is not that "famous" in abroad.
For those who love keeping their memories by taking photos and persue speedy life pace, xCloud is just your very choice.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content