CNET Editors' review
This isn't your father's pop-up blocker. SQusi Tracking Plus watches your browser and halts all Flash-based content, but a rare bug forces some users to reboot their systems.
The toolbar pull-down interface is a snap to use. The few program settings are right on the menu. A couple of settings pop out from simple dialog boxes. We found sQusi most helpful as a Flash blocker. Start it, and you'll never see another Flash ad. You'll also never see Flash-based content you may want to view from sites such as YouTube. However, it just takes a trip to the toolbar menu to temporarily pause or disable sQusi.
We found the Web site white lists and blacklists very effective and easy to use. The utility also cleans your browser cookies and cache. Unfortunately, cleaning is set manually and can't automatically run at browser close. Some Windows XP SP2 users may suffer from a bug that causes sQusi to disappear from the tool tray. The primary fix is to reboot the operating system.
Anyone who uses the Internet and wants to surf without pop-ups is going to like sQusi. It's easy to install and use, and the free registration takes only an e-mail address.
sQusi is both a free Internet Explorer add-on and a Firefox extension in one package. It is designed to take the clutter out of browsing and to prevent sites such as Facebook.com from tagging and tracking you across the Web. sQusi combines a continuously updated global database with a local one that you can use to override global settings to block or unblock URLs of your choosing. Now you can say goodbye to the hosts file editors that choke your machine and to multiple add-ons/extensions.
sQusi combines the functionality of several available extensions (ad blocking, script blocking and cookie/cache cleaning) in a single application that requires zero effort on your part. sQusi will work with both Internet Explorer and Firefox on Windows XP and Vista. Version 220.127.116.11 adds support for Google Chrome and has miscellaneous bug fixes.
What's new in this version: Version 18.104.22.168 adds support for Google Chrome and has miscellaneous bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 44 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"WAS great but not available now"
Version: sQusi Tracking Plus 22.214.171.124
Blocked all types of cr@p.
Appears to be out of business. Can't access website so it can't registered which means it won't work on new installations.
Great while it lasted.
"Great for blocking ads, adding security"
Version: sQusi Tracking Plus 126.96.36.199
It blocks a lot of ads, and you can make it block even more. Since it can block specific sites, it also can add security to your system by preventing the download of viruses, etc from those site. Sites like MySpace can sometimes link to malware.
Sometimes it blocks a site or prevents the download of a file. It would be nice to have the option to see what was blocked, specifically, as you are browsing. Sometimes the install or reinstall is difficult because their registration setver is down
Bottom line is that it's a great program to keep running on your computer!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content