CNET Editors' review
This isn't your father's pop-up blocker. SQusi Tracking Blocker watches your browser and halts all Flash-based content, but a rare bug forces some users to reboot their systems.
The toolbar pull-down interface is a snap to use. The few program settings are right on the menu. A couple of settings pop out from simple dialog boxes. We found sQusi most helpful as a Flash blocker. Start it, and you'll never see another Flash ad. You'll also never see Flash-based content you may want to view from sites such as YouTube. However, it just takes a trip to the toolbar menu to temporarily pause or disable sQusi.
We found the Web site white lists and blacklists very effective and easy to use. The utility also cleans your browser cookies and cache. However, cleaning is set manually and can't automatically run at browser close. Some Windows XP SP2 users may suffer from a bug that causes sQusi to disappear from the tool tray. The primary fix is to reboot the operating system.
Anyone who uses the Internet and wants to surf without pop-ups is going to like sQusi. It's easy to install and use, and the free registration takes only an e-mail address.
sQusi is both a free Internet Explorer add-on and a Firefox extension in one package. It is designed to take the clutter out of browsing and to prevent sites such as Facebook.com from tagging and tracking you across the Web. sQusi combines a continuously updated global database with a local one that you can use to override global settings to block or unblock URLs of your choosing. Now you can say goodbye to the Hosts File editors that choke your machine and to multiple add-ons/extensions.
sQusi combines the functionality of several available extensions (ad blocking, script blocking and cookie/cache cleaning) in a single application that requires zero effort on your part. sQusi will work with both Internet Explorer and Firefox on Windows XP and Vista. Version 2.15 has miscellaneous bug fixes.
What's new in this version: Version 2.15 has miscellaneous bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect folders, hide files, lock applications, and restrict ac...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Protect files and emails using encryption software.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 44 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Deceptive, sneeky adware plain and simple NOT GOOD"
Version: sQusi Tracking Plus 2.15
Yes it does get rid of intellitxt which is very annoying, but the price is you have to put up with their own pop up in the corner ads that stay visible for about 10-30 seconds.
it's ADWARE that replaces intellitxt adware with their own.
Randomly changes your pref! 4 Example - reset google search pref. to default.
Explorer view set 2 "favorites" for download?!
These things happened RIGHT AFTER I installed the program.
ABSOLUTELY AVOID THIS PRODUCT.
It is EXTREMELY INVASIVE, and what it will do is NOT SPELLED OUT CLEARLY.
It's methods are UNethical, and Download.com has been totally fooled by this little program.
It's free of charge yes, but the PRICE YOU HAVE TO PAY IN TERMS OF PRIVACY LOST is TOO MUCH.
I have uninstalled it, but I will also do a registry search to see what other things this program reset on my system to make it work better for sQusi.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content