kJams is a karaoke jukebox for Mac and Windows. The project is currently in development, so new features will be added beyond what you see below. In the Lite version, you can now rip (import), mix (make playlists) and play (from CD or from your hard drive), plug in a microphone and sing along, sort or search your library by name, artist or album, create custom playlists, show the graphics full screen on a second monitor or TV, change the pitch and tempo independently. Export the currently showing play list to an XML file (for integration with a web or database application), or copy the list to the clipboard (to paste into eg: Excel for printing song books). Export to your Video iPod too. The Pro version also allows individual singers to manage their favorites, history and their "tonight" que, and builds the Rotation smart playlist from the singers marked as "here", and lets you manage multiple Venues, each with it's own set of Singers. There is a server so singers can use a web browser or iPhone app to submit songs, there is also remote control and scripting. Note: You must have a CD+G capable reader or writer for kJams to rip or burn.
What's new in this version:
- new meta data columns: language, Color labels, key changes, BPM Web Server
- launch files and launch midi with separate program
- alt-tab to move focus down (shift-alt-tab for up) when you're editing say "song name" in a list of songs, the tab key would move you horizontally. now alt-tab moves you vertically (shift for reverse)
- support for NEO+G discs
- you can now TRIM the start and end of songs
- you can set the Volume of songs, ... See all new features »