iMsafe backs up data stored on any mounted OS X volume (such as your HD) to any mounted OS X volume (e.g. HD, removable HD, Zip, network volume, iPod). Backups can be run from within iMsafe or they can be scheduled to occur every day, on weekdays or on specific days. And with the scheduling function, you don't have to be logged in or running iMsafe in order to run backups.
With iMsafe you can run incremental backups, featuring the possibility to transfer only the differences in the files at both side. File permissions and modification dates can be preserved. When scheduling a backup to another Mac on the network, iMsafe can automatically connect to that Mac before starting the backup. The dock icon will inform you about your backup status. Real-world test have shown that iMsafe is very easy-to-use: even novice users will be running backups within minutes.
We welcome any feedback on this second beta version. Please use the built-in feedback mechanism to send us your reports.
What's new in this version:
- The inspector drawer has been redesigned to make it even cleaner and easier to use.
- Backup tasks can now be duplicated, eliminating redundant typing.
- It's now possible to run more than one task at once. iMsafe will queue the selected tasks and run them sequentially.
- It's also possible to schedule more than one task to occur at the same time. iMsafe will queue the scheduled tasks and run them sequentially.
- When auto-connecting to a remote volume, ... See all new features »