From Doug's AppleScripts:
iCal Calling iTunes! is an AppleScript application that allows you to use iCal events to schedule iTunes playlists to play. From simple iTunes alarm clock to sophisticated background music scheduler...iCal Calling iTunes! gives you whatever level of flexibility you need! Simply enter the names of iTunes playlists as new events in iCal, set the start and stop times of each event, and iCal Calling iTunes! takes care of watching the clock and playing your iTunes playlists throughout the day, from startup in the morning 'til shutdown at night. You can schedule music hours, days, weeks, even months in advance!
With iCal Calling iTunes! you can:
- Schedule the start and stop times of iTunes playlists, Smart Playlists, and Folder Playlists
- Schedule internet radio stations to play
- Schedule playlist events to repeat every day, every x days, every week, different days every week
- Change event times or create new events while the appplication is running
- Set playlists to shuffle before playing
- Set Ã¢?? or fade up to Ã¢?? a specific start volume for each scheduled playlist
- Assign one of several scheduling calendars
This version of iCal Calling iTunes! runs in full-feature demo mode. In demo mode all features are available, however it will only run for 3 hours at a time. After you pay the shareware fee, you will receive a code that takes iCal Calling iTunes! out of demo mode so it can run unencumbered.
This update is free for registered users.
(I appreciate all feedback, but I cannot effectively respond to comments posted here. Please email your comments to me. Thanks!)
What's new in this version:
- Detection of scheduled events improved for speed, accuracy, and efficiency
- Daily, Weekly, and Custom Dailly and Weekly repeat events recognized
- "on date" and "after" end settings in repeat events recognized
- Option to delete all expired iTunes Calendar events before a user-specified date
- On-demand Status dialog displays current playing playlist and next scheduled playlist
- GUI changes
- Checks for future updated versions
- Includes helper... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Convert WMV, AVI, MP4, MPG, Real, FLV... for iPod, iPhone.
- Rich and deep iTunes visualizer and screensaver.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Transfers Spotify playlists to Google Music All Access.
- Convert protected M4V files to MP4, MOV, iPod, iPhone or audio ...
- Digital video editing system.
- Browse, search, play iTunes songs remotely via hotkey interface...
- Autotag mp3, m4a, mp4, m4p, ogg vorbis, flac files.
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Generate rankings and breakouts for your most-played iTunes son...
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Allows you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Remote for iTunes with advanced capabilities.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Tune your guitar quickly and easily to any note.