CNET Editors' reviewIf you use password-protected ZIP files to archive your work, you might want to download something like ZIP Key. The utility uses a number of techniques to recover your ZIP password. Finding a password may take a long time, and you can set the program so ZIP Key works in the background, without slowing your system. You also can stop recovery and resume it from that point later. ZIP Key performed well in our tests, finding the word Queen in less than a second. The Dictionary method checks 800,000 words per second, according to the counter. If you have an unencrypted version of one of the files in an archive, you can try the Known Plaintext attack. You can speed up Brute Force attacks by specifying possible characters. Xieve optimization also boosts this type of attack dramatically by skipping nonsense combinations of characters (finding the password "flagged" in 11 seconds). The manual doesn't explain many of the program capabilities, however. ZIP Key recovers passwords, especially if you vaguely remember them, which ZIP users may find invaluable in a pinch.
ZIP Key recovers passwords for ZIP archives created with WinZip, PKZIP, or any other ZIP-compatible software. Forgetting a password for an archive created a long time ago is a common annoyance. ZIP Key helps you get your data back. Brute Force, Xieve, Known Plaintext, or Dictionary attacks are used to recover the password. The Brute Force attack is fast, with up to 3,500,000 passwords per second on an average PII system. With a 95 percent recovery rate for English words, the Xieve search yields up to 3,000,000,000 passwords per minute. If at least one file is available unencrypted, a Known Plaintext attack decrypts the whole archive for you, regardless of the password length. A Dictionary attack supports mistypes and additional user dictionaries. SureZip Recovery decrypts most WinZip archives in less than an hour, regardless of the password used to protect it.
Version 6.5 supports advanced AES Encryption for ZIP archives.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Recover forgotten or lost archives passwords.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Recover your WordPerfect documents' passwords.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Recover forgotten or lost passwords for Quicken.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Recover files that have been deleted and emptied from the Windo...
- Recover data from corrupted CDs and DVDs.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Retrieve data from damaged PDF files.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Recover deleted files from harddisks, USB drives, and memory ca...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Recover your VBA project passwords.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Decrypt any password protected Word 97/2000 and XP/2003 file wi...
- Recover lost or forgotten passwords for dial-up and VPN connect...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Recover lost or damaged files.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Program so outdated, couldn't use "as told by mfr!""
Version: ZIP Key 6.5
No free password help here! After downloading product, a message came up saying the product was so out dated that it couldn't be used. Prompted to update, once downloaded I was only given a "demo" of how password recovery tool would work after I bought it!
Classic bait and switch!
"Good pass cracker"
Version: ZIP Key 6.5
It's a nice cheap zip pass cracker. In my opinion there ARE better but for this price and just to use it for .zip files is perfect.