WinZip includes two separate interfaces to accommodate all types of users. For those who are infrequent users of Zip files or just need to accomplish basic tasks quickly and easily, the Wizard interface provides simple, step-by-step guidance to make working with Zip files a breeze. For those who are comfortable with Zip files and need greater power and flexibility, the WinZip Classic interface has everything you need. Whichever interface you choose, the other interface is just a click away.
A few of WinZip's many features:
- Easy-to-use, state-of-the-art AES encryption for your sensitive documents.
- Support for 64-bit extended format, which for all practical purposes eliminates the existing restrictions on Zip file size and capacity.
- Zip, unzip, and one-click Zip and E-mail directly from Windows Explorer or My Computer.
- Automatically install software, desktop themes, and screen savers contained in Zip files.
- Quickly find your Zip files with Favorite Zip Folders.
- Instantly access recently used Zip files and other WinZip features from the Windows taskbar tray.
- Take full advantage of Windows XP features including fast user switching and XP themes.
- Decode most popular Internet file formats, including MIME, UUEncode, XXEncode, TAR, BinHex, and many others.
- Split Zip files into smaller parts to overcome e-mail size constraints.