CNET Editors' reviewThis free application provides a smorgasbord of weather-related information and a healthy set of features. Weather Exchange shows a variety of local, regional, and global maps, some of which can be animated. However, the interface does display some distracting ads and cannot be resized to a full-screen view. Entering your ZIP code or city lets you check out the local radar, and you even can see details such as the temperature, dew point, and wind speed in select neighborhoods. Clicking over to the Maps section reveals that this program hasn't forgotten the big picture. After choosing a continent, you then can view colorful maps that display information such as temperature, wind chill, humidity, UV rating, fronts, and heat index. You'll find a section that details pending natural disasters, and you even can set a number of alarms to alert you when a certain condition changes. We can see how Weather Exchange will be useful to just about any user, but those with an intense interest in meteorology are sure to be especially pleased.
From Ambient Weather:
The Weather Exchange is a free PC desktop application that accesses live community weather from the world's largest free personal weather station network. The Weather Exchange also provides up to the minute forecasts, radar, warnings, and detailed weather maps, keeping you instantly informed of any changes in the weather. The Weather Exchange displays a tremendous array of real-time and animated regional and national weather maps. Colored coded temperature, wind chill, humidity, dew point, UV, wind, jet stream, radar, visibility, satellite, fronts, snow, and air-quality maps turn even the casual weather observer into a meteorologist.
The Weather Exchange sounds personal alarms you set based on wind speed, wind chill, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, rainfall, dew point, and heat index, each customized for your favorite station or network of stations. The Weather Exchange hides away, and can display the temperature and weather advisory/alarm level on your taskbar.
More Products to Consider
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
- Create, share, and print id and passport photos.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Print checks from blank check stock and create pre-printed pers...
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Mix your own blend of e-liquids.
- Perform manufacturer independent OBD2 car diagnostics as well a...
- Watch videos, shows, and movies from Web sites such as Hulu, CB...
- Make simple plans of houses, rooms, street maps and other schem...
- Calculate concrete quantity in U.S. or metric units and cost fo...
- Plan the design of your kitchen.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 47 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Weather Exchange 1.34
May be a fun product
Company offering product is double minded. After you pay for the software the person wants more money - I had my inbox full of emails to upgrade to have it longer.
I prefer not to deal with the people who offer this product. At first it was free then the owner became greedy. They can keep it.
Version: Weather Exchange 1.34
BUT my AVG Free sees it as malware.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content