From Redstone Software:
Vine Viewer, a client-side product, enables users to access and control remote computers from anywhere in the world including computers running other operating system where a VNC server is running. As increasingly tech-savvy consumers continue to advance in their use of technology, many are utilizing more than one computer system both at home and in the workplace. Through connecting over the Internet, local network, or modem to modem, Vine Viewer offers the solution for remote system administration, telecommuting and family technical support, while also extending to the business by enabling remote helpdesk management and support.
What's new in this version:
- UltraVNC single-click support
- Support for Snow Leopard - Apple Mac OS X 10.6
- Remote screen capture
- QuickTime movie recording
- International keyboard support
- Full-screen mode
- Secure connections through SSH
- Viewer window scaling
- Rich clipboard support, including copy and paste file exchange.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Improve the speed and reliability of any WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G or wi...
- Display all the computers which are connected to your system.
- Include server media to your PlayStation 3 over your network.
- Find unknown computers on your internal network and do somethin...
- Replace your Network Interface Card's Media Access Control (MAC...
- Turn your computer into a WiFi access point with firewall and U...
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Create a WiFi Hotspot on your PC or Laptop.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:2.3 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"As good as sitting in front of the keyboard"
Version: Vine Server 3.1
Based on LAN use only...
Very fast. Robust and reliable. Very easy to set up and install. Most (if not all) client-side functions work out of the box.
None so far
Super! The logic board on my MacBook Pro (Leopard) died so I was forced to connect remotely. I set up Leopard's built-in VNC server that's part of Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) to connect from a VNC client on Windows XP SP3 on my LAN. What a frustrating experience. Leopard's ARD VNC is painfully slow and very frequently stops responding regardless of which VNC viewer I use. I finally became fed up enough to look for a different solution so I installed Vine Server 3.12 and I'm thrilled I did. First and foremost it's very reliable, I haven't had to reconnect even once since I started using it a week ago, whereas with ARD I needed to reconnect at least once every 5 minutes. In terms of speed and responsiveness there's no comparison really. If ARD is a Chevy Aveo then Vine Server would be a Corvette. Functions such mouse-wheel scrolling and ALT-TAB task switching work without any additional configuration. I'm now using my Mac again for almost all my work because Vine Server is fast enough that there's not much difference between using the VNC viewer and sitting right right at the keyboard. That's really the best endorsement I can give since that's ultimately the goal of any VNC software.. if not for the pointer being a dot instead of an arrow I could easily forget I was even using VNC.
"Product title does not match the description!"
Version: Vine Server 3.1
Server is freeware, viewer is trialware.
Free VNC server!
I don't know why this CNET download page is allowed to exist. The description is for a different product than the title product. The server is FREE. The Viewer is not. They are two different products. You can use any VNC viewer, including Windows viewers. This is a Mac only set of products!
"Scam alert! This is not free, it's only a trial."
Version: Vine Server 3.1
No pros that I could find.
No install options, had to clean up my system manually including removing firewall changes. This program also caused problems with my internet access.
I recommend avoiding this program.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content