CNET Editors' review
VSDC Free Video Editor looks and feels just like a professional video editor. In fact, if feels almost identical to Final Cut Pro in a lot of ways. If you want to experience that style of in-depth video editing, this program is an epic way to do it for free. Be warned, though, that there's a steep learning curve unless you already have some experience.
This program checks in at about 26MB, which isn't gigantic, but is still relatively large. For that, you'll get a program that is a dead ringer for professional editing programs. It has the same sort of timeline editing style that lets you combine multiple cuts, add transitions, and render them into a complete project. As such, it isn't very easy to use unless you really know what you're doing. Few things are labeled or intuitive, and all of your tools are spread out across multiple menus. If you can find the features, there are plenty of ways to cut, reshape, and modify your video's picture and audio, though. You can even kick the quality up to 30 FPS and 1080p HD. VSDC Free Video Editor supports just about every video format you can think of, so you'll have no problem turning any video into a project.
This video editor gives you tons of control and editing power, but you'll have to know how to use it. The program could use a manual to help novice users comb through all of the features. Without that, VSDC Free Video Editor will take a lot of experimenting or previous editing know-how to figure out. It's worth spending plenty of time with, though.
When it comes to video editing nobody wants to spend hours mastering nuances of video cutting techniques. All we usually need is to place several pieces together, add some fade-ins and outs, include subtitles and do this with as little efforts as possible. At the same time nobody wants to compromise with the final quality of the video. Indeed, simple not necessarily should mean primitive. VSDC Free Video Editor is a simple and easy to use video editor featuring a lot of functions even a pro editor wouldn't be ashamed of.
With a full support for dozens of video codecs and formats including but not limiting to AVI, MP4, MKV, MPG, WMV, 3GP, FLV for video; MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC, PCM, OGG, AAC, M4A, AMR for audio; and BMP, JPG, PNG, PSD, ICO, TIFF for images, VSDC Free Video Editor provides one of the easiest ways to combine multiple source chunks in different formats into a resulting high-quality video. A bunch of filters can turn even a commonplace video sequence into a classy pro-quality movie, while thousands of video and audio effects conveniently grouped into four categories help you making your video to look and sound more dynamic. Not only does VSDC Free Video Editor offer powerful video editing capabilities, it is also surprisingly easy to use. Forget video conversion back and forth between different formats - the program fluently reads all of them; and the output video is as easy to write to a DVD disk as to transfer it to any connected media device, like iPod, iPad, Sony PlayStation, Xbox or a smartphone.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.206:
- Added 5 groups of sound effects: special effects, audio filters, sound delay effects, amplitude correction.
- Added project backuping.
- Audio muting fixed during exporting in some projects.
- Multimedia core updated.
More Products to Consider
- Create and play your own movies in no time.
- Edit video with music, images and effect in a professional way.
- Edit movies and other video recordings on a Windows PC.
- Edit video, audio, image in timeline panel with special effects...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Delete unwanted scenes from video files.
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert videos from one format to another.
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Create and edit photos or images from your cameras and mobile p...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Merge or join, split, and cut videos with high quality.
- Create movies from camcorder videos and common videos.
- Capture, edit, and replace green screen videos and images.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Simply drag & drop, add cool effect to make fancy slideshows.
- Edit video files and audio files, make funny movie and photo sl...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Convert your videos between popular formats.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 119 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"VSDC has a nice range of options"
Version: VSDC Free Video Editor 220.127.116.11
VSDC has a nice range of options. The editor can create slick screencasts or record games or even recod program with support for Windows 8.
What I almost appreciate is that VSDC can edit recorded video: split, merge, and enhance. Whether you're enhancing, applying special effects, or overlaying titles and soundtrack, VSDC can turn your recorded video into a first-class user guide with the help of VSDC's huge range of video editing tools.
VSDC is a multioptional thing: it edits screencasts on a multi-track timeline, enhances the quality using different filters and applies special effects for an even better impression.
I've not yet found any
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content