CNET Editors' review
TrashTimer for Mac adds to your privacy by automatically removing deleted content from the trash after a set period of time. This application offers a great amount of control over how and when the trash is deleted.
With just a double-click on the DMG file, you will have this app installed and running in no time. A readme file, which comes with the installation file, clearly explains the installation process. Rather than an icon in the dock or top bar, TrashTimer for Mac will appear as a preference panel in your Mac's System Preferences. The user interface is quite basic and easy to navigate. There are buttons to start or stop the application as well as a donate button. The application allows you to set up a schedule for when your trash is emptied. This period can be set to hours, days, weeks, or months. There are also options for the level of security when removing the items. You can choose between removing the deleted items securely and fast or securely and thoroughly. Additionally, you don't have to depend on this app for emptying the trash as you can still use the empty button in your Trash whenever you wish.
Even though useful, TrashTimer for Mac seems to be more aimed at users who simply forget about emptying their trash. Most Mac users will find this app to be too much hassle for something they can already do with one click.
From Hieper Software:
TrashTimer is a simple preference panel which can automatically remove individual items from the trash. When you use TrashTimer, items which are moved into the trash will be automatically deleted after a user specified period of time. The main features of TrashTimer are:
- Automatic trash deletion.
- Automatically removes individual files or folders from the trash after a configurable period of time.
- Secure trash deletion.
- Deletes trashed items securely for improved privacy.
What's new in this version:
- Fully tested with Mac OS 10.8.
- Solved a problem starting TrashTimer automatically on Mac OS 10.8.
- Removed support for Macs with PowerPC processors.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Free Mac Zip Software. Create, manage and extract zipped files ...
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Backup software.
- Control your login items to add delays, have them start in a se...
- Backup data to CD or DVD.
- Remove apps, data, and other unnecessary junk.
- Enhanced functionality for the OS X trash.
- Delay the launch of specified login items to make your Mac more...
- Menu bar tool to store & manage sets of clipboard text items.
- Keep iCal events & prefs on your portable drive.
- Stamps date & time with index to comment field of files.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: