CNET Editors' review
TrashTimer for Mac adds to your privacy by automatically removing deleted content from the trash after a set period of time. This application offers a great amount of control over how and when the trash is deleted.
With just a double-click on the DMG file, you will have this app installed and running in no time. A readme file, which comes with the installation file, clearly explains the installation process. Rather than an icon in the dock or top bar, TrashTimer for Mac will appear as a preference panel in your Mac's System Preferences. The user interface is quite basic and easy to navigate. There are buttons to start or stop the application as well as a donate button. The application allows you to set up a schedule for when your trash is emptied. This period can be set to hours, days, weeks, or months. There are also options for the level of security when removing the items. You can choose between removing the deleted items securely and fast or securely and thoroughly. Additionally, you don't have to depend on this app for emptying the trash as you can still use the empty button in your Trash whenever you wish.
Even though useful, TrashTimer for Mac seems to be more aimed at users who simply forget about emptying their trash. Most Mac users will find this app to be too much hassle for something they can already do with one click.
From Hieper Software:
TrashTimer is a simple preference panel which can automatically remove individual items from the trash. When you use TrashTimer, items which are moved into the trash will be automatically deleted after a user specified period of time. The main features of TrashTimer are:
- Automatic trash deletion.
- Automatically removes individual files or folders from the trash after a configurable period of time.
- Secure trash deletion.
- Deletes trashed items securely for improved privacy.
What's new in this version:
- Fully tested with Mac OS 10.8.
- Solved a problem starting TrashTimer automatically on Mac OS 10.8.
- Removed support for Macs with PowerPC processors.
More Products to Consider
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Data recovery software.
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Free Mac Zip Software. Create, manage and extract zipped files ...
- Enables the unix sendmail app.
- File/folder attribute editor & Desktop manager tool.
- Manage the 'Recent Items' menu item for any Cocoa app.
- Universal .rar and .zip file opener.
- Backup software.
- Control your login items to add delays, have them start in a se...
- Reclaim your documents folder.
- Backup data to CD or DVD.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: