From Matt Johns:
Freeware traffic shaping and bandwidth management for Windows 2000, XP and 2003 Server.
Features include unbreakable speed limiting, TCP ack prioritization, traffic monitoring and port filtering.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Limit the flow of data through your server.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Control network traffic bandwidth.
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Monitor and track your Internet traffic history.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Specify bandwidth limit for each Internet user.
- Automate FTP uploads/downloads via command line.
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Scan, monitor, and map your networks.
- Call scripts on your firewalled Windows desktop from a hosted L...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Easy to setup and use for home or small office."
Version: Traffic Shaper XP 1.21 final
If you want to control internet bandwidth usage on PCs in your home or small office environment then this software is quite good.
Only allows for 5 rules to be set in this 'lite' version of the software. This means you can restrict internet access ok, but then you have only 4 rules left to set exceptions. Exceptions could be sites where content downloading is free.
Nice software but limited to small networks. Setup each PC with the bandwidth you allow and Traffic Shaper effectively stop and starts traffic to bring data usage in line with your bandwidth setting. Easy to use. Set and forget. Don't forget to set an exception rule for your network if you file/printer share otherwise transfers will be slowed also.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content