From Matt Johns:
Freeware traffic shaping and bandwidth management for Windows 2000, XP and 2003 Server.
Features include unbreakable speed limiting, TCP ack prioritization, traffic monitoring and port filtering.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Limit the flow of data through your server.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Automate FTP uploads/downloads via command line.
- Filter traffic and control bandwidth usage.
- Access and manage remote servers and workstations from your PC.
- Call scripts on your firewalled Windows desktop from a hosted L...
- Connect RS-232 ports across TCP/IP local or the Internet.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Transfer files via File Transfer Protocol (FTP) using Explorer-...
- Monitor your network servers, router, databases and receive not...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Easy to setup and use for home or small office."
Version: Traffic Shaper XP 1.21 final
If you want to control internet bandwidth usage on PCs in your home or small office environment then this software is quite good.
Only allows for 5 rules to be set in this 'lite' version of the software. This means you can restrict internet access ok, but then you have only 4 rules left to set exceptions. Exceptions could be sites where content downloading is free.
Nice software but limited to small networks. Setup each PC with the bandwidth you allow and Traffic Shaper effectively stop and starts traffic to bring data usage in line with your bandwidth setting. Easy to use. Set and forget. Don't forget to set an exception rule for your network if you file/printer share otherwise transfers will be slowed also.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content