CNET Editors' review
You can catalog your trading card collection with this basic database application, which skimps on printing and reporting features. Tradcat's straightforward interface is divided into tabs for sets, cards and special cards, although the last two options include the exact same fields. You can add details like number, name, and value, in addition to inserting images of the card's back and front.
The program has basic navigation buttons and a search tool to locate cards or sets. Standard features to add, delete, or update records are also available, but Tradcat doesn't have a printing tool. You can create and view simple reports in HTML format, but we were disappointed to find that images didn't display. The whopping 20MB download seems out of line for the limited functionality, and we suspect most users will pass on Tradcat before the short 20-use trial ends.
From Tradcat Systems:
Tradcat is an easy to use database which allows the collector to catalogue your collection of trading cards. Tradcat will allow you to enter details of sets of cards as well as individual cards. You can assign values to them and even attach images of the card if you have a scanner. You can produce reports based on your collection. These reports are produce in HTML format which means you can post your card collection on the web.
More Products to Consider
- Print passport photo and ID photo.
- Manage your own digital bookshelf.
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Catalog Your Entire CD and DVD Collection.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Maintain a music database for cataloging CDs, MP3, and iTunes.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Catalog and maintain your CD and DVD collection.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Get a collection of note cards with Shakespeare quotes.
- Catalogue and track your loan out stamps.
- Catalogue and track your loan out coin collection.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Organize your contacts and catalogue your music, photos, and mo...
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Create a detailed inventory of your railroad collection.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Create an inventory of your slot car collection.
- Arrange and browse personal movie collection.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great program... doesn't even install!"
Version: Tradcat 1.0
I wasted time downloading this huge file and it didnt even install. It gave me a message saying that I didn't have an adequate operating system. Interesting.... I have Win XP with SP2, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be adequate and I couldn't be bothered finding out what the error was, it just seems more of an indication as to how the rest of the program would perform.